• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Option 6P confusion

duk2n

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm confused with the Option 6P connector wiring.

The wiring diagram for the NC700X/XA says that the wires going to the connector are 4: Red/White, Violet/Red, Green and Blue. I see there that Green is ground (-) and Blue is the headlight. I'm not sure what is Red/White and Violet/Red.

But I have on my hands the subharness 08A71-MGS-D30 and I only see Green, Brown and Blue wires. Then the subharness derives in 3 connectors with Brown and Green wires, and 1 connector with Brown, Green and Blue wires.

I wanted to have all the wiring ready before nuding the bike, so I have not dismounted yet the side pannels and I have not seen what pins in the connector has or has not wire. So I was going to make a couple of wires with .101 connectors to connect my toys assuming that Green would be ground (-) and Brown would be the +12V but now I'm confused because the colors doesn't match.

Please, can someone confirm me that I'm right in my assumptions?

BTW, my subharness is labeled as 08A71-MGS-D30 in the plastic bag but then is has another different label adheret to it which says 32210-MGS-D300. I hope this is because it's shared with some other Honda model and not a mistake.

I wondered about that when I wired up the USB and accessory ports on my bike. I put a meter on the wires and confirmed that Green is ground and Brown is positive on the sub harness connectors.

Bob

I wondered about that when I wired up the USB and accessory ports on my bike. I put a meter on the wires and confirmed that Green is ground and Brown is positive on the sub harness connectors

Many thanks Bob!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm confused with the Option 6P connector wiring.

The wiring diagram for the NC700X/XA says that the wires going to the connector are 4: Red/White, Violet/Red, Green and Blue. I see there that Green is ground (-) and Blue is the headlight. I'm not sure what is Red/White and Violet/Red.

But I have on my hands the subharness 08A71-MGS-D30 and I only see Green, Brown and Blue wires. Then the subharness derives in 3 connectors with Brown and Green wires, and 1 connector with Brown, Green and Blue wires.

I wanted to have all the wiring ready before nuding the bike, so I have not dismounted yet the side pannels and I have not seen what pins in the connector has or has not wire. So I was going to make a couple of wires with .101 connectors to connect my toys assuming that Green would be ground (-) and Brown would be the +12V but now I'm confused because the colors doesn't match.

Please, can someone confirm me that I'm right in my assumptions?

BTW, my subharness is labeled as 08A71-MGS-D30 in the plastic bag but then is has another different label adheret to it which says 32210-MGS-D300. I hope this is because it's shared with some other Honda model and not a mistake.

On the incoming wires to the connector, the red/white is unswitched power and the violet/red is the switched 12v from the option relay. It becomes brown in the option harnesses. The unswitched is used with the alarm system on my bike. The three wire connector may be used with driving lights.

Back