• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT problem

johnsosn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I wonder if theres anyone that can help?

My DCT will not go into gear and the gear indicator is flashing 3 long and 7 short. 37? Does anyone know what this code means or have the reset code for the DCT please?

Many thanks in advance
Simon

I haven't looked at the manual as yet but you should first check battery state of charge and also for clean, secure battery cable connections.

By chance, did you recently have the cables loosened or disconnected to attached some accessory wires?

Last edited:
Hi - thanks for the replies. just had the dealer tell me that they had difficulty finding 37 also. they found it eventually but it relates to some wiring issues or a blown 7.5 amp fuse. Dealer replaced the fuse and everything is ok again.

Would b interesting to know why the fuse went in the first place though.

On another note, they told me my rear wheel bearing was borderline dangerous. Might be worth people checking these. i was unaware.

Regards

I have just read of a DCT issue on a thread related to my X on the ADV forum. Another owner has an issue where the bike occasionally sticks in gear, usually 1st or 2nd gear. He then has to pull over to the side of the road, switch off and on and that usually sorts it. It has happened him 4 times in 7000 miles and the dealer cannot find any error codes.

Has anyone experienced this problem or indeed if so could they related how a solution was found ?

I have just read of a DCT issue on a thread related to my X on the ADV forum. Another owner has an issue where the bike occasionally sticks in gear, usually 1st or 2nd gear. He then has to pull over to the side of the road, switch off and on and that usually sorts it. It has happened him 4 times in 7000 miles and the dealer cannot find any error codes.

Has anyone experienced this problem or indeed if so could they related how a solution was found ?

That's not enough information.
Without knowing in what circumstances this happened this would be only wild guessing, not much helpful.
Did engine shut off unexpectedly when this happened? (Kill switch was off by accident or kickstand switch problem?)
We had here at least two reports of problems with gear switching. In both cases it was faulty shift drum pin.

Addition:
I just found a post you are referring here:

"Just over 6000 miles now and one issue to report, it's stuck in gear four times so far, usually 1st or 2nd gear when pulling away from a junction. I have to pull to the side of the road, turn it off, then all is ok until the next time. Been to the dealer but no faults showing up on their diagnostic thing..."

He must insist for a full DCT diagnosis. They cannot hide behind the fact that there were no error codes.

Last edited:
That's not enough information.
Without knowing in what circumstances this happened this would be only wild guessing, not much helpful.
Did engine shut off unexpectedly when this happened? (Kill switch was off by accident or kickstand switch problem?)
We had here at least two reports of problems with gear switching. In both cases it was faulty shift drum pin.

Addition:
I just found a post you are referring here:

"Just over 6000 miles now and one issue to report, it's stuck in gear four times so far, usually 1st or 2nd gear when pulling away from a junction. I have to pull to the side of the road, turn it off, then all is ok until the next time. Been to the dealer but no faults showing up on their diagnostic thing..."

He must insist for a full DCT diagnosis. They cannot hide behind the fact that there were no error codes.

Thanks for the response. Do you still think this could be a shift drum pin issue after seeing his post ? I did suggest the possibility of the side stand switch to him on my initial response to him. It is probably the most obvious one. When mine was still very new I did think that on a couple of occasions it had to make two attempts to shift from 1st to 2nd gears. I would hear the click as it attempted to change and then another click but it seemed to succeed in changing each time. I initially assumed that there was an element of a new gearbox settling in and it doesn't seem to do it now with 7000kms on the odometer, so I have given it no more thought.

Thanks for the response. Do you still think this could be a shift drum pin issue after seeing his post ? I did suggest the possibility of the side stand switch to him on my initial response to him. It is probably the most obvious one. When mine was still very new I did think that on a couple of occasions it had to make two attempts to shift from 1st to 2nd gears. I would hear the click as it attempted to change and then another click but it seemed to succeed in changing each time. I initially assumed that there was an element of a new gearbox settling in and it doesn't seem to do it now with 7000kms on the odometer, so I have given it no more thought.

Sorry, but I don't like to speculate when I don't see the problem myself. We are blind here.
In your case - I understand that you where in manual mode. Did you had enough engine RPM when you tried to shift to higher gear?
In this other case - I don't think that there was a problem with side stand switch because the engine was still running when he experienced a problem with gear shifting.

I did some further research myself and that shift drum pin issue seems to have caused total loss of gear change rather than an occasional intermittent issue over big mileage. It also seems to have affected some of the earlier versions of 700's, Integras and 750's. I suspect that the weakness in the pin that caused it to shear through would have been rectified by the 2017 versions of the motor.

When the sidestand is activated on my version of the motor at least, my recollection is that it doesn't cut the motor but instead puts it into neutral. Further research also showed some intermittent issues with DCT being traced back to a faulty sidestand switch. For this reason perhaps a faulty intermittent connection in the switch is interfering with the gear change sequence in the instance described by the X-Adv owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
...When the sidestand is activated on my version of the motor at least, my recollection is that it doesn't cut the motor but instead puts it into neutral...

For NC DCT (and CTX DCT), I'm sure that putting down side stand, when DCT is in a gear, will shut down the engine.

On my 2015 dct putting the side stand down kills the engine - unless I’ve manually put it in N first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I will check when I take it out again shortly. Of course I could be wrong and confusing my recollection with some other safety aspect of DCT. I will report back.

Same here on 750 '14 DCT, engine shut off if pulling the side stand while not in neutral.

Back