• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Africa Twin - "Leaked" Testing Video

vodapas

Reaction score
Visit site
Well,

It doesn't show a whole lot. But, you get to hear it and see it doing some light off-roading with some TKC-80's on.

Pretty decent discussion in the comments section. Even some praise for the NC's engine.

Personally I think people are missing the point of this bike. IMO anyhow, as it seems to me more of a KTM Adventure 990 bike than a GS/Adventure 1190 fighter. Just my two cents anyhow.

Video: 2016 Honda Africa Twin testing - Common Tread - RevZilla

Honda have been feeding titbits to potential customers for the past couple of years like you would feed clues to a bunch of kids in the back of a car about a mystery tour. It is getting boring at this point. I believe at least one version of the bike will be aimed at the true offroad adventure bikes like the original 950/990 KTM. At the end of the day it will be just another big adventure bike coming at a time when most true adventure riders are going for lighter bikes such as 450/650 singles and 500 twins. Imho they have dithered so much over the past 10 years that they have effectively missed the boat. Just my view.......

Looks like the spokes are in the center of the rim, meaning that more than likely, tubes will be required. For me, I'd rather have tubeless tires.

Honda have been feeding titbits to potential customers for the past couple of years like you would feed clues to a bunch of kids in the back of a car about a mystery tour. It is getting boring at this point. I believe at least one version of the bike will be aimed at the true offroad adventure bikes like the original 950/990 KTM. At the end of the day it will be just another big adventure bike coming at a time when most true adventure riders are going for lighter bikes such as 450/650 singles and 500 twins. Imho they have dithered so much over the past 10 years that they have effectively missed the boat. Just my view.......

Very true and Honda is not the only company guilty of this. Kawasaki was overdid it with the H2 to the point that most journalists and myself as well were just plain over the bike by the time it came out. Now Chevrolet is doing the same crap with the next Camaro. I'm a big fan of the way KTM does it. Out of nowhere, boom! Here's this new bike. They might hold back on pricing or some nitty-gritty details. But, they show you the whole bike right from the debut.

+

I was looking for a 700 or 750cc P. Twin.
800 would be plenty, even for 2 up riding with gear.

Adv MC should be about compromise.

After looking at the pics it looks like the 1000cc CRF has been pushed more toward the tarmac. Which is good for me. I would pass on a $17,000+ MC.
Clearly, this is not an enduro like the BMW HP2.
The CRF will be closer to 500lbs than 400lbs. No doubt.

If the COG can be low enough, it should run circles around the Tiger 800XCx all day long. The dirt bike ergos look good.

I hope the HP is around 90-95. That is plenty. This will allow more torque at the bottum.
Sixth gear must be over geared to allow low to mid 50mpg at 65mph.

I think if Honda can get the base model price low enough, it will be a hit. Meaning it will sale and make money for Honda.

I think Honda has USA consumers down... Well hopefully by now.
MC are toys, and we have so many bills to pay we will not fork out serious cash for a toy.
The S10 went high tech, and it can't sale at MSRP.
The base CRF most likely will be efi and water cooled.

I am still on the fence because of the large thristy engine.
Of course the Yamaha 698cc engine is a dream. The 471cc of Honda is good to go.

I still have about 25,000-50,000 miles on my DR. I am in no rush.

Last edited:
Back