• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

San Diego NC700 riders, anyone up for a ride?

muffintop

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of riding out to the mountains, Julian, Palomar, Idyllwild, this saturday. Anyone else interested? I live in Rancho Bernardo.
-MT

I'm busy this weekend but I'm surprised we haven't run across each other on the road...I am just east of the Rancho Bernardo/Poway city limit...

I'm new to the forum and live in San Diego. My wife rides a BMW 650 and we will ride Descanso, Julian, etc. I'm always looking for other people to ride with so let me know if you head out again.

Temecula here... (50 miles north of SD)... Count me in. How far would ya' like to go?
Lunch at IN N OUT in Vegas? Taking the route through 29 palms and up to baker from there is scenic.

Saturday ride to "Cook's Corner" and back? (that's near Laguna Hills), fun and not as far.

My wife rides a BMW 650 and we will ride Descanso, Julian, etc. I'm always looking for other people to ride with so let me know if you head out again.
Temecula here... (50 miles north of SD)... Count me in. How far would ya' like to go?
Welcome to the forum. I am up for the ride on Saturday 09/12 after 11.00AM. We can ride to Julian, grab something to eat, and head back to SD. I may be able to bring a friend who rides a BMW S1000.

Wow. I'd like to do that ride one week later.
Tomorrow is our annual church fund raiser ride: a BB 1500. (1500 miles in 36 hrs or less).
We leave at 04:00 hrs tomorrow. How about the next Saturday?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys we are planning to go to your terrains at the end of May, would be nice to ride along! There will be 3 of Canadian NCs and we would like to ask some locals about the idea to go to Rosarito Beach in Tijuana... is it safe enough to go there?

I'm driving (the cage!) up to Temecula that day to pick up my wine shipment! I am doing a week long loop of California (up to Eureka or so on the coast and returning on the 395 side) in June. Will be the first long distance ride since downsizing bikes.

Hi Guys we are planning to go to your terrains at the end of May, would be nice to ride along! There will be 3 of Canadian NCs and we would like to ask some locals about the idea to go to Rosarito Beach in Tijuana... is it safe enough to go there?
I have lived in SD for some 17years, but I have never ventured south of the border on my motorcycle. I am interested in tagging along with you guys if thats alright.

Yeah! Lets ride. How about a 8am start from Poway, to Borrego Springs, lunch/ brunch in Julian, and back to Poway/ RB by 2pm.
I am open to other route suggestions.

There is a Starbucks at Poway/Mercy Road exit. (on the west side of I15). GPS: 32.937728, -117.113624
8 AM is a great start time.
Is that an OK meeting place?

I have lived in SD for some 17years, but I have never ventured south of the border on my motorcycle. I am interested in tagging along with you guys if thats alright.

Sounds great!
I will PM you when around the area. I still can't convince my friends to go to Rosarito, they say it is too dangerous, but we can ride around if you show us some nice roads around. Our main concern is safety in Tijuana and if it worth the risk (if any risk or going there).

Sounds great!
I will PM you when around the area. I still can't convince my friends to go to Rosarito, they say it is too dangerous, but we can ride around if you show us some nice roads around. Our main concern is safety in Tijuana and if it worth the risk (if any risk or going there).

Well... OCR and others travel in Mexico all the time. I wouldn't go there ... it's a personal choice.

I'd like to do the Border to Border "Iron Butt" ride, and when I do I will find the closest gas station to the Mexican border (without crossing it)
and use that as a starting place. I can make up the lost ground by going a little further into Canada, I figure.
Some would say that's not completing the ride, but it's the same distance in the same time limit. I can live with that.

GPG coordinates for that loop look like this:

32.937726, -117.113632 (start and finish)
32.778563, -117.112201 (Int. 15 / Int. 8)
32.734588, -115.994176 (Ocotillo / Int. 8)
33.096679, -116.475576 (78 / S2)
33.078143, -116.601807 (Julian Main St.)

Back