• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

9003/H4 HID for NC700x

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone installed HID on their NC700x yet... I am asking because I am not sure how to install hi/low 9003/H4 type beam on the same bulb...

Where you got yours and how much?

I have always install HID on all my bike in the past, but they are single hi or low type bulb.

Thank you,

Sunny.

Bulb replacements and projector lenses are completely different animals. I have had both. My last bulb replacement was the Yamaha TMax that I traded in for my NC. The light was improved in sheer volume, but it did not produce anywhere near as much useful illumination as the projector and it was much more disturbing to those who approached me. Also, the focal height of the HID bulb does not seem to properly use the existing reflector. I determined that I would not do another bulb replacement.

I think that there is reason that you will not find any OEM HID headlights that are not projector style.

Further point, the more modifications there are out there blinding oncoming drivers, the more push there will be for enforcement and for specific rules against HID retrofit lights in general. It is much more trouble to do the job correctly with a projector, but the result is much more satisfying to the owner and is more responsible as someone who is considerate of other drivers and protective of our right to modify our vehicles. Many of our buds have spoken of their restrictive laws that prevent them from doing what we can still do. Now that I know the difference, I would hate to continue to participate in losing it.

Last edited:
+2 I've used the HID bulb replacements in the past. They are sitting in the garage now. They did a good job of lighting up the road...and the trees, the freeway signs several lanes over, and the driver's eyes as they came toward me. Besides the fact the bulb replacements just didn't work as well as they should, I thought of what it would be like to face an irate LEO who I just blinded as he went around the bend towards me and those HID lights blinded him. I ended up adding LED driving lights instead. They are extremely bright, but put out a tightly focused beam that doesn't cause problems for other drivers.

If you're going to do this, you really need the projector kit. It'll take more time and bother, but be worth it in the long run.

Chris

... They are extremely bright, but put out a tightly focused beam that doesn't cause problems for other drivers.

After I installed the projector beam HID, I was shining it against the garage door to my shop and when I stepped into the beam, I noticed that I could see the shadow of the indivivdual hairs on my arm in the garage door. Talk about a focused beam! Every point of light comes out from only one place unlike parabolic reflectors wherewith the light hits a point from many diferent directions. I was not prepared for the level of focus that the beam had. Good LED's also are fronted by a collimator lens to achieve the desired light distribution.

Last edited:

Very nice... Wish I can do all these by myself...

I definately want a brighter headlight and may be LED driving light in the front and additional LED red in the back.

I know what you mean about HID shinning into on coming cars. I have seen other bikes that completely blind me with their HID... With my HID bulbs in my last few bikes, I don't have any driver flash at me at all. Some bike I have to aim the headlight a bit lower but overall they were not intrusive to on coming traffics.

Last edited:
I confess I am also a user who NEVER uses the SEARCH button nor see the need to since the guys here are so ever helpful.
:p
Please, just browse the FORUM first....we are just repeating what has been said. Nobody appointed me forum-police, sorry.
:p
But to miss the biggest thread, is just a sin.

Sorry guys, my bad... I was posting at work and can't spend too much time. I will search for answer at home before posting in the future...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, my bad... I was posting at work and can't spend too much time. I will search for answer at home before posting in the future...

Thanks.

Don't worry, we are not keeping score....
:D
Take it easy.
In another forum where I was in, this would be the most repeated offense response.

Back