• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What A Great Day

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
P1010098_zpsa3fzqcdy.jpg

Decided to load up the NC and see how she handles full panniers. On the way out of town I remembered that my daughter had mentioned that she planned a bicycle ride for today (did I mention it was beautiful weather) and I got the idea to see if I could do a "ride by" and maybe take an action pic. I checked the Glympse she sent me and took off on the hunt. After about an hour of chasing a moving dot and finding new roads (some good ones too) I caught up with her at a rest stop. I didn't realize she was riding with several hundred other bicyclists. Quite a crowd. After chatting a few minutes I took off to another part of the state looking for a good photo of the new NC.

As I left the cyclists I realized I was having a Zen day. Everything felt good, the weather is perfect, the bike is great, the roads smooth, the traffic light. It just felt good. I meandered towards a target area without really being sure of each turn, but I eventually found myself on a well travelled highway. While on that stretch, the call of nature became an irresistible force so I stopped at a gas station for a coke and an emptying. When I came out of the station I noticed TWO NC's filling up. I had to go talk to them. One belonged to a fellow and the other to a gal. I chatted with them a bit and found out they are from Greensboro, so I asked if they knew Robbie and one of the other riders with them said yes...and so we chatted some more.

P1010101_zpskgc12sb2.jpg

P1010099_zpsxc5ii23t.jpg

I left with them, but curvy roads called and I turned off the four lane for some more fun. Did I say how well the NC corners? I found some curvy roller coasters and grinned for the next 50 miles. Glad I have full face or I would have a mouthful of bugs.

P1010097_zpsg2nwu5ln.jpg

I was working towards a place where an artists lives and places many of his works. I've posted pics before. I had this idea to take a pic of the NC in the same location that I snapped the Nighthawk a few months ago. When I arrived, I talked with one of the hired hands and he told me to look around. Interesting place.

P1010052_zpsjwinkxfe.jpg

P1010119_zpssgbqriyt.jpg

P1010112_zps9pw4fvq6.jpg

P1010115_zpst6rtvwof.jpg

P1010116_zpsyopt7gaa.jpg

P1010117_zps7nz9hgoo.jpg

P1010113_zpsvzrxhjx3.jpg

When I left the artist farm I was really feeling cocky so I hit some dirt. The NC ate it up. This was no serious dirt, but I would have been nervous on the Nighthawk. Found a couple of new places and a few rougher ones that I'll try when I have someone else along. ( In case I drop the bike and need help picking it up) Following pics were taken at a spot on one of the dirt roads.

P1010102_zpspfxdlp3t.jpg

P1010103_zpsdudsl6gu.jpg

P1010108_zpslgwlgvpa.jpg

P1010105_zpsmhclupm3.jpg

P1010111_zpsqii2mco3.jpg

More country roads and some highway brought me safely home. Later, as I was fixing supper, I realized how good I felt. Really was a good day.

Back