• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone know anything about old Harley's?

Gigs

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for a project and found a 1967 Harley sprint c. It's mostly there and engine is free. It seems like a good price and a substitute for an old honda project since they are hard to find. Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those were Italian were they not? Old Honda stuff is hard to find but parts for the Sprint might be unattainable.

There were a number of models of the Aermacchi Sprint Harley's in the 1960's. The flat track model was a great 250cc racing machine. This was an out and out racing machine. Although the engine in the street model machine looked some what like the racing version, no parts were the same. Great 250CC flat tracker. It was a thumper, so not easy to start! Yes, I did race one of these.

SprintCRPage

They were Italian. There seems to be a decent following for them. Parts don't seem too hard to find since people still race them. I think I am going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep plenty of the kitty litter (Oil absorbent) on hand for use in the garage, and have one of those micro starters packed on the bike for when the battery dies.... :eek:

This bike was made by Aermacchi not Harley, so no oil leak problems. Jug stuck out the front, like the NC7 does. A fun bike that won lots of 250cc races.

I agree with one of the posters about parts for Aermacchis being scarce. In that era there were many diehard Harley dealers who refused to carry an Eye-talian (Aermacchi) motorcycle, even if it did say Harley-Davidson on the gas tank.

Nowadays, it seems like every model of every brand has an enthusiast's group with their own web page so you should investigate parts availability before making the purchase. As a general practice, the Italian makers were never good - even today - at having spare parts available. In their mind, every part made belonged on a complete motorcycle.

Last edited:
Back