• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ordered New Mesh Gear

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It is already getting into the 80's here in SouthEast Kansas, not that I'm complaining it was snowing 2 weeks ago! But I'm really starting to sweat in my riding gear and I want to keep riding ATGATT, so new gear was needed.

I like FirstGear so I ordered a Mesh Adventure jacket, HT Air overpants, Ultra Mesh gloves and Mesh Lo boots...should keep me cool as a cucumber!

My wallet is a lot littler but I really wanted to be able to keep riding ATGATT.

Safety First!

belrix

It is already getting into the 80's here in SouthEast Kansas, not that I'm complaining it was snowing 2 weeks ago! But I'm really starting to sweat in my riding gear and I want to keep riding ATGATT, so new gear was needed.

I like FirstGear so I ordered a Mesh Adventure jacket, HT Air overpants, Ultra Mesh gloves and Mesh Lo boots...should keep me cool as a cucumber!

My wallet is a lot littler but I really wanted to be able to keep riding ATGATT.

Safety First!

belrix

Good to hear. It takes a while to get everything sorted out. I try not to think about how much money I've spent on riding gear, camping equipment and farkles.......and I sure don't want my wife to know.

Now you need to put some miles on the new threads.......when are you coming back down to the Ozarks?
Mike

I wanted to wait another month before buying the mesh gear (more time for the diet to work!) but it is just getting too warm.

I decided to keep the NC for a good long while and have been going crazy picking out the next farkles!

Don't know when I'll make it back to the Ozarks, my next couple of rides are taking me West and onto gravel, but I am planning on attend the ST event in September.

brian

The Cycle Gear Adventure Air looks good, but I like FirstGear because of the 'American' cut of there gear.

Hey round is a shape!

The TourMaster I have is also an American cut.....a bit lose on me and the inseam is short. The Bilt is more of a European cut and the legs are almost long enough.

I consider stick to be a shape too.

Uugghh!! Was reviewing the order of my new gear and I ordered the wrong size pants...too small! The diet is working but not that well.

Order is already sent to warehouse and can't be modified.

bummed

Uugghh!! Was reviewing the order of my new gear and I ordered the wrong size pants...too small! The diet is working but not that well.

Order is already sent to warehouse and can't be modified.

bummed

Keep them! You'll have something to work towards.

Wearing microfiber T-shirts and undies helps a lot in warmer weather, plus on a long trip they can be washed in the hotel sink and will dry overnight.

In ref to your weather, about a month ago I saw on the Weather Channel that many parts of Kansas were already in drought conditions. That was shocking to me because at the time we had white stuff on the ground and 40 F was considered warm enough for riding. :)

I've considered wearing my bicycle shorts and jersey underneath. Moisture wicking and the bum has a built in pad for my bike seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a set of Bilt mesh pants that fit right. I can't tell you what style they are, but they work. Most of the Cycle Gear pants I've tried are way too long in the legs. When I get the waist big enough, the knee pads hit me right above the ankle.

Received my new Firstgear Mesh riding gear today and the pants are too small! They fit OK if I just wear my undies but that kind of defeats the purpose of wearing overpants to the office!

Ordered new pair in the correct size and sending the too small ones back.

brian

Received the bigger pants today and had my first ride in the new mesh gear...LOVE IT!!!

It should really help when summer gets here.

belrix

Back