• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another bike I like....

Jonty03

Reaction score
Visit site
The new 2015 Indian scout - clean lines, creamy 100 bhp power delivery, light & easy clutch - I just love this machine. Handling is a joy, quick to respond, accurate and sure footed. I'm not a fan of the bigger Indians - too overdressed for my taste - but this one... Took it for a blast across our local scenery and watched the heads turn to see what was making that glorious sound; several people commented on it being "such a nice bike". I must admit, I don't get that kind of response to my NC and I do like it. Took a little while for me to remember to put my feet forward to the pegs!
Happy Easter everyone.

IMG_20150402_142604636.jpg

The new 2015 Indian scout - clean lines, creamy 100 bhp power delivery, light & easy clutch - I just love this machine. Handling is a joy, quick to respond, accurate and sure footed. I'm not a fan of the bigger Indians - too overdressed for my taste - but this one... Took it for a blast across our local scenery and watched the heads turn to see what was making that glorious sound; several people commented on it being "such a nice bike". I must admit, I don't get that kind of response to my NC and I do like it. Took a little while for me to remember to put my feet forward to the pegs!
Happy Easter everyone.

View attachment 23508
Test road one at Daytona. Good ride. If they make a version without feet forward I could be interested.

Also road this bike at Daytona 2015. Loved the engine power, but the handlebar was to forward and the switches were miniature sized.
And most important - "The Scout was TWICE the price of my NC7"

Last edited:
I was going to buy one,untill I ask on the fourm what tank range they are getting. 90 to 100 miles on a tank is not much at all.it would have to be a second bike for me,just for short trips.i have also been on one and do like them.if it had a bigger tank I would have one already.

There is a new Chieftain out. Saw it somewhere but can't remember where. Olive green from memory. Anyone see it ? Those new Indians float my boat I have to admit.

Yes $22,000 will get you one.
a31842330f3601230c11c82b5a9b0d11.jpg

The tank size is probably OK. Doubt I could even do 90 miles with my feet out forward like that.

You would be surprized. My vstar had forward controls and not so bad if the seat is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one I had in mind. Isn't it cool ? Maybe I was wrong about the colour :eek:

topimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode the Scout on one of the "test" rides they had one weekend. Fell in love with it. I also asked about the MPG and no one would/could give me an answer. Now I know why... I'll pass.

The tank size is probably OK. Doubt I could even do 90 miles with my feet out forward like that.

Well, maybe like this you could:

By-Barry-Hathaway-700x368.jpg
Robert Pandya at speed on Elnora. Barry Hathaway photo, courtesy of Indian Motorcycle.

Sorta like rollin' a log except it's rollin' sideways.

Another pic I just found:

http://www.cycleworld.com/olgallery/142131/142139/4

An American "Bruiser" as a dirt bike.

Last edited:
You have to remember that Indians are much rarer in the UK than the States; I'm just lucky to have a dealer a few miles up the road from me. The Scout has only just arrived at the retailers and there won't be that many opportunities to ride one. I'm just a sucker for cream and burgundy colour schemes..

Back