• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the point of the new tag

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering why in the left author info space did "Total Contributions For:" appear. It is really no one else's concern if another member chooses to support the site or not or to what extent. Maybe its just me, but just because someone has given more money than another member doesn't mean that the info provided is better.

Just wondering why in the left author info space did "Total Contributions For:" appear. It is really no one else's concern if another member chooses to support the site or not or to what extent. Maybe its just me, but just because someone has given more money than another member doesn't mean that the info provided is better.

Ditto, doesn't seem relevant. Unless it's to try and guilt the rest of us to pony up some $. I plan on donating at some point but when I do, how much I give is between me and the admin. IMO.

It is good that all of you have given your feedback here. Here's my 2 cents.

I learnt something from another forum, when I did a similar feedback, albeit not so polite but rather blunt on my first few posts.
I was quickly banned for being so frank and blunt. Other reasons were given, of course, to justify my exit.
I'd bet that was one big insult which that admin could not swallow nor forget. Only paid up members could access certain "members only" area.
I thought that was like indirect coercion.

We all have to remember that this is a "privately" funded forum, paid for by the admin, out of his own pocket.
The admin has the rights to do what he wishes. He could very well also shut down this site today, now.
It is NOT a democracy, although some of us (the users) would like to think so.

Although some of your feedback are valid and could be up for consideration, I'd say let the Admin decide whether he likes to display the donations or the levels or not. I think he has heard you.

It is ONLY 10-30usd.
1 or 2 tanks of fuel.
It keeps the forum going.
Displaying the amount of donation could also be a way to "thank" the donators.
This is not a shame game, I am sure this admin is not like that.

We give what we can, or what we are comfortable with. No section in THIS forum is "for members who donate X-Y-Z levels of money only".
There is no coercion. Lets keep it that way.
:D

PS: I have no relations to the admin nor this site. I am only a frequent user, that's all.

I appreciate that donations are a good idea and that Admin should not have to fund the forum out of his own pocket I just feel that stating how much individual has decided to contribute has nothing to do with the other members

Guys, I agree with you all telling that the donation statement should not be presented as it is today. It might give these who not contributed economically guilt feelings and that is entirely wrong. Please take it away!

Joe, please do continue to be "blunt"! It is you and it is good. In this matter with Dennis owning this site and that he can do whatever he likes is ok, but, that does not mean that we are not allowed to speak up if something has gone bad. I think Dennis understand to listen to the forum members. Think on it the other way around, what would this forum be without the members? :)

Guys, I agree with you all telling that the donation statement should not be presented as it is today. It might give these who not contributed economically guilt feelings and that is entirely wrong. Please take it away!

Joe, please do continue to be "blunt"! It is you and it is good. In this matter with Dennis owning this site and that he can do whatever he likes is ok, but, that does not mean that we are not allowed to speak up if something has gone bad. I think Dennis understand to listen to the forum members. Think on it the other way around, what would this forum be without the members? :)

Well said sir

I think Dennis probably has read this and heard the discomfort of some of us.

In a way, I was a little surprised with this information being displayed.
I did not say I agree with it, but sought to explain it from another angle.
I am not supporting the motion nor negating it. I have always tried to be as objective and neutral as possible.

i also just pointed out, we the users, basically are guests here. We made voluntary donations.
This may not be the same, as the other forum which I described. Over here, there is no locked sections from non-donators.

It is also true the forum is only good if they are made up of forumers.

If I was asked the same question, should this info be displayed? I'd vote no.

I just donated once more today. Should I announce it? Why do I announce it? Different people interpret differently, so there is no end.
:D

This site is not going to make millions for the admin, we can contribute what we can. Having a "Regular sponsor" tag or something more docile, can in fact enable users to say give $5 or $10 a month or 2 months, etc.
I would.

Last edited:
As most of us have said donating is fine however telling everyone else how much or how little we have donated is not good because it has nothing to do with anyone else. I don't want to know how much you donated and I don't want you to know how much I have given. I think that is the point that posters on this thread are trying to get across

On another privately run board I'm on there is a total expenses for the year graph on the welcome page. It tells the annual anticipated costs for the year (can change if moor server space is needed). It also shows how much has been donated. You can see if it is short for the year and chip in if you wish. Just a thought

Hi all. Sorry about that. I updated the donations program and this was in the update. I did not realize it was on by default... Tacky in my opinion. It will be disabled

Found it....... its off

Thank you all for supporting the site. Even though I am the founder, I consider it to be our site rather than my site. I don't take things personally and want what is best for the forum. I always appreciate feedback, good or bad.

It's already in my opinion the best NC700 site out there and it's you guys that made it that way...

Dennis

Last edited:
I hope you don't take my posts as negative. I was inquiring rather than complaining. This is by far the best nc site around!!!

Keep up the good work

Back