• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

quiet ride helmet

Quiet Ride Helmets Noise Reduction Helmets

it does not look like a very safe helmet due to the way the strap are on the very edge. this would increase movement and cause injuries,

I dont even think it is DOT approved

There are several different places in the website that claim all of their helmets meet or exceed DOT level requirements.

About Quiet Ride Helmets

Fiberglass Full Face Helmet - Quiet Ride Helmets
Carbon Fiber Full Face Helmet - Quiet Ride Helmets

"strap on the very edge" "increase movement and cause injuries"

? I don't understand. The chin strap? The chin strap appears to be in the identical place as all helmets?

All from the same website, ya? I don't quite follow?

I was just pointing out that the fiberglass helmet page details, the carbon fibre helmet page details, and the "About" section, all mention the DOT level thing in the company website.

Did you maybe read my reply as: "...different places on the web..." versus: "...different places in the website..." ?

If so, apologies for me making a muddle out of it, lol :eek:

Did you maybe read my reply as: "...different places on the web..." versus: "...different places in the website..." ?

Sorry!!! You're right.
It is time to change glasses or ... just pay attention...:eek:

Quiet Ride Helmets Noise Reduction Helmets

it does not look like a very safe helmet due to the way the strap are on the very edge. this would increase movement and cause injuries,

I dont even think it is DOT approved

I'm not sure if it would increase injuries with the strap located where it is, but it would make it more difficult to get on and off without ripping your ears off. I use my straps to get my large ears past the pads, in this case the pads are inside the straps.

I'm not sure if it would increase injuries with the strap located where it is, but it would make it more difficult to get on and off without ripping your ears off. I use my straps to get my large ears past the pads, in this case the pads are inside the straps.

Huh, I wouldn't have really thought about them in that light, I can see now where the concern might stem.

People pull on the straps to get their helmets over their ears? For me, I've never used the straps to pull the helmet down, but use my thumbs to compress the foam where the straps overlay it, in essence "prying the helmet open wider" if you follow me. Maybe I've always done it weird compared to others lol.

Don't be hard on yourself ... hahaha!

I just stopped to be "hard on myself" and said to everybody around that my time finally came to become egoistic - got this bike, first time in my life - for cash... :cool:

any modification to a helmet would lose dot approval, these helmet seem modified helmet from another manufacturer

the strap is design the limit the movement of the helmet on the head, the strap also keeps the helmet in your head at impact.

when you have severe impact , many people with the wrong size helmet would roll off their head.

placing the strap between the shell and the cheek pad defeat the purpose of the strap, this would cause the helmet to have of 3-4 inches of side to side movement and potentially having the helmet roll off your head.

try it on your own helmet. place the strap on the every edge.

many article about helmet safety, and proper way to wear a helmet. not many people really know how.

Scorpion Sports © Helmet size chart

^ this manufacturer is pretty good about letting user know how to test helmet for size

Back