• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help Identifying a Sensor

Banjoferg

Reaction score
www.funmunki.com
I'm getting ready for Hillbilly Hangout II...new chain, sprockets, and today changed the oil. I used the screwdriver technique to get the old filter off, and broke the sensor right above the filter. Can anyone help ID this part for me? The part threads into the engine about 1 1/2 inches above the filter. i broke the light gray plastic connector. I assume it's an oil pressure sensor, but I'm not totally sure.

Yes, it's called the oil pressures switch assembly. The connector you broke is part of the wiring harness, however and I'm sure not a part that is replaceable from Honda.
The pin can be removed from what is left of the connector and reinstalled until a new piece is located.

Ugh. I hope not. I found P/N 37241-RNA-A01. It looks like the broken piece is on there, at least according to the pictures. I'll start calling dealers in the morning.

You will most likely not find this part at any Honda dealership. You can have the part "overnighted" to any Honda dealership. Also, take a picture of the connector, and take it to a auto parts store. Sometimes the same connector is used on an auto, and the auto parts store might have it in stock.

You will most likely not find this part at any Honda dealership. You can have the part "overnighted" to any Honda dealership. Also, take a picture of the connector, and take it to a auto parts store. Sometimes the same connector is used on an auto, and the auto parts store might have it in stock.

Thank you OCR! That part is apparently used on most models of Honda and Acura cars. I found one at the Advance Auto close to me for $18. Everything is back together and running good.

Back