• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

yamaha T-max

mreric

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2015 Yamaha TMAX

yamaha finally brought the tmax to the USA. still mpg is low compared to the a NC DCT, but is belt driven,

so for the scooter lover, IMO this is best scooter money can --- at least in the USA. europe has better one.

-A new Smartkey system allows the rider to keep the key fob in their pocket while maintaining the ability to start and turn off the engine without the need to use a standard key switch. Additionally, the Smartkey allows the rider to operate the steering lock, seat lock release and 12V electric outlet cut-off with the push of a button located in the center of the inner panel.

^^^ something i wish the NC700 gets in the future, in fact all motorcycle should have this

this must be Yamaha current response to the NC/CTX DCT Honda line up, Yamaha does not have a DCT, and the Tmax has been produced for years in other countries. i dont think is a coincidence that Yamaha would bring it now after some success has been seen from Honda.

Last edited:
I never had a Yamaha but I did have a Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter for a couple of months before I bought my NC. I really liked the scooter but couldn't get past the small wheels. I didn't really like the CVT either. I think Honda DCT (from what I read and hear) is far better than the CVT.
The 650 Burgman has an electric CVT which is supposed to be very good but very expensive to fix if it breaks. So much some just sell it when it breaks.

At $10,490 MSRP they might not sell.
I like the belt.
I like the upside down forks.
Looks good.
Fair size motor.
Nothing wrong with Automatic CVT. They are proven.
4.0 gal tank

Cons: Manual rear brake? What's up with that?
MPG should be better, though.
Still, too much $$$ for me to consider.

My NC gets better MPG than my Burgman 400 did. It's all the fairings that kills the mileage but makes for a nice ride.

The Tmax is a good scooter but imho the Honda FJS 600 Silverwing is a better one. I rode an early Tmax but when time came to purchase, I chose the FJS over it for overall comfort. I honestly do not agree that the Tmax is aimed at the NC. However if the Integra was sold in the USA then it would certainly be aimed at it.

2015 Yamaha TMAX

yamaha finally brought the tmax to the USA. still mpg is low compared to the a NC DCT, but is belt driven,

so for the scooter lover, IMO this is best scooter money can --- at least in the USA. europe has better one.

-A new Smartkey system allows the rider to keep the key fob in their pocket while maintaining the ability to start and turn off the engine without the need to use a standard key switch. Additionally, the Smartkey allows the rider to operate the steering lock, seat lock release and 12V electric outlet cut-off with the push of a button located in the center of the inner panel.

^^^ something i wish the NC700 gets in the future, in fact all motorcycle should have this

this must be Yamaha current response to the NC/CTX DCT Honda line up, Yamaha does not have a DCT, and the Tmax has been produced for years in other countries. i dont think is a coincidence that Yamaha would bring it now after some success has been seen from Honda.
That belt drive is a CVT and I will gladly keep my chain. CVTs on scooters are typically high maintenance. I have 100,000 miles experience with them and the "Fuzzy Washer" was a simple modification I get credit for. CVTs are not an answer to DCT, they have been around a long time. DCT is far superior.

I rode a Tmax in Daytona 4 years ago. Wonder why they dropped it in U.S. and are now bringing back.

Last edited:
My NC gets better MPG than my Burgman 400 did. It's all the fairings that kills the mileage but makes for a nice ride.

The fairing actually makes it more economical because it streamlines airflow. The NC kicks fuel economy butt because of the very different engine, low revving high torque job, opposed to the typical high revving motorcycle engines.

Case in point: my Integra, two up with luggage does 3.7 litres per 100 km, that is 63.57 miles per US gallon. That is definitely helped by the fairing. You couldn't get the same consumption with an X or S simply because of the many bits the wind can catch on a naked bike.

That belt drive is a CVT and I will gladly keep my chain. CVTs on scooters are typically high maintenance. I have 100,000 miles experience with them and the "Fuzzy Washer" was a simple modification I get credit for. CVTs are not an answer to DCT, they have been around a long time. DCT is far superior.

I rode a Tmax in Daytona 4 years ago. Wonder why they dropped it in U.S. and are now bringing back.

The Tmax would have been a strong contender in the decision making process I went through before I bought my NCXD, if it had been available in the US. The lower MPG, the $1000 higher price and the videos I've seen of what people have to go through to change the oil filter on theTmax would have placed the Tmax last in the running between the Tmax, a Suzuki Burgman 650 and the NCXD.

The Tmax would have been a strong contender in the decision making process I went through before I bought my NCXD, if it had been available in the US. The lower MPG, the $1000 higher price and the videos I've seen of what people have to go through to change the oil filter on theTmax would have placed the Tmax last in the running between the Tmax, a Suzuki Burgman 650 and the NCXD.

Exact same things cropped up when doing the research. Which in turn popped the Integra up my radar, so I got the Tmax to thank for giving me the Integra. Now I would be out of luck as Honda Australia discontinued it :(

Back