• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Red River Gorge - The Videos

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
These are the videos from the ride in Red River Gorge. The first one is just the short ride through the Nada Tunnel on Nada Tunnel Road: 0:52. The 2nd one is of a ride on some gravel above the gorge on the Tunnel Ridge Road: 13:21. It was hard packed gravel, but there were a few wet, slippery spots and plenty of potholes. The last is the video from the whole loop consisting of roads 15 (Campton Road), 715 (Sky Bridge Road) and 77 (Nada Tunnel Road).

[video=youtube;F57KQyOkYAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57KQyOkYAQ[/video]

[video=youtube;Q0g-cFJ4pVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0g-cFJ4pVM[/video]

[video=youtube;MJr1HPNT0g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr1HPNT0g0[/video]

Not all the music is done for the last one. It was still being updated by YouTube when I posted this.

Last edited:
There wasn't that much light. I don't know how he had so much light between him and me (I was leading). We have the same bike, I tried low and high beams. I know it would have helped if I didn't have the sun shield down but it would not have helped that much. It was basically pitch black in front of me and I rode 'toward the light' at the end of the tunnel. If you are claustrophobic, stay out-it is tight.

Camera adjusts to the amount of light it can see. It can "collect" light. Personally, I was following the red dot (David) in the bigger white dot (Tunnel End). It was trippy.

The area can be located Exit 33 Mountain Parkway, Slade Ky. The Red River Gorge loop/camping is east of the exit (south on Hwy 15) and Natural Bridge State Park is west of the exit (south Hwy 11). After we were in the area and eating lunch, the restaurant/bar is also a hostel, with beds for $17. If I had known that, I would have brought some overnight gear and stayed in the hostel (campfire with Brad and Kelly would have been cool-the campground is only about a mile from the bar). The restaurant/bar/hostel is at the corner of Hwy 15/Hwy 715, which is also the beginning of the Gorge loop (Hwy 715/Red River Road/Nada Tunnel Road).

The shop was awesome. I am looking to do another overnighter there and see the other side of the road (Natural Bridge). Here is the web address for the shop. I am VERY open to getting some people together and going in on a whole room, so we can drop off the gear and ride unencumbered.

Sky Bridge Station « Kentucky Rock & Adventure Guides

I only have one thing to say on that matter - COUNT ME IN! Just give me a place and time to meet up!

As soon as we can get closer to a good weekend for enough people, I will start throwing some dates out. While I can do nearly any weekend between now and June, there are a few I dont have free.

I will start a new thread in the "looking for ride" area when I get something more solid. The other thing to worry about is the hostel place will fill quick, especially with the weather breaking. I would normally say mid April, but I will be in my Motorcycle Safety Course April 17-19. Maybe the weekend after that (April 25-26)

As soon as we can get closer to a good weekend for enough people, I will start throwing some dates out. While I can do nearly any weekend between now and June, there are a few I dont have free.

I will start a new thread in the "looking for ride" area when I get something more solid. The other thing to worry about is the hostel place will fill quick, especially with the weather breaking. I would normally say mid April, but I will be in my Motorcycle Safety Course April 17-19. Maybe the weekend after that (April 25-26)
I will be in Florida April 18-April 26 th.

oh hell..... I had a tough time getting the Hillbilly Hangout past the wife.... But I want to go, this looks AWESOME! :D

Back