• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding pants for the summer

nycnorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Is there a lightweight pair of riding pants that you guys can recommend of the summer months. My current pair, while offering great protection with lots of padding, is too hot in 80+ degree weather.

Thanks

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Phoenix pants which I like. They have the very open mesh and decent knee pads. Can put them over my pants or just where shorts underneth (which I do when it is over 100 deg F). Gets me through the Phoenix summer commute just fine.

Hey guys,

Is there a lightweight pair of riding pants that you guys can recommend of the summer months. My current pair, while offering great protection with lots of padding, is too hot in 80+ degree weather.

Thanks

Over the boot or inside the boot type? What kind of cost are we talking? I haven't been able to cross that $200.00 for a pair of pants line yet... (so far, lol :eek:)

I have a pair of these for more specific riding in dirt and mud away from pavement

Troy Lee Design ADV pants that tuck into the boots:

apparel-troy-lee-designs-off-road-pants-men-adventure-black.jpg

and a pair of these for just messing about, day to day summer street riding that go over the boots

Joe Rocket Alter Ego (can't recall the version number, but circa 2009-ish?) :

333_Alter_Ego_Pant.jpg

No padding to speak of in either, but I wear separate padding and armour beneath them anyway, so you are on your own there, sorry.

For temps above 80F mesh is the way to go, I have Joe Rocket Phoenix and Olympia Airglide. Joe Rocket passes more air but Olympia better built. Also Olympia in silver absorb less radiant heat. I can recommend either one.

Above 100F cover up. Hot air flow across skin is actually a negative for your body temp and you dehydrate very fast.

Looks like Joe Rocket is coming out with a new silver pair of Phoenix Ion pants, check out rezvilla.

Olympia AirGlide. Nuff said!
I have the grey pants and jacket. For the last 6 years these are are still my favorite and most comfortable for most of the year, but especially for the summer!
Superb quality, very good, adjustable protection, lightweight, great ventilation, etc,....
I have tried many.... but after these - there is no going back. Even Klim is not as comfy or well vented for me.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Klim Mojave. Comes in both OTB and ITB. I've heard good things about Klim Dakar as well but I have no personal experience with them.

I can recommend TourMaster Flex, they are very versatile. They have a rain liner, cold weather quilted liner, and they zip down to mesh. Good knee & hip armor. They zip down to full mesh in summer and I have been very pleased with their performance. Truly a good value & bang for your buck, and have ridden in the cold of winter and 90 degree heat in summer and stayed dry in Pacific Northwest rainy season.

Back