• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Valve adjustment time! Anyone else?

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT************
Saturday, May 2nd at 9:00 or 10:00AM is the date / time I will be doing this. Drop me a PM if you want to be a part of it and I'll get you directions to my place so you can learn how to do your valves at the same time.

What you'll need
1) Pro Honda HP Coolant (or other brand that you want to use). You only need ONE bottle.
2) Pro Honda GN4 Oil (or other brand of oil that you want to use -- only if you intend on changing your oil at the same time -- I do)
3) Oil Filter

That's about it. You need the coolant to refill the radiator that we will undoubtedly spill all over my garage floor, and you need engine oil if you intend on changing your oil at the same time - which I do. Oil filter, well, self explanatory.

If you want to do any other maintenance while you're here, go ahead and bring that stuff as well. Air filters, Chain Lube, Chain Cleaner, whatever.

Important!!!
One thing to remember, your valves need to be COLD to adjust them. That means you will NOT want to ride your bike up here. You'll want to put it in the bed of a pickup and bring it, or a little U-Haul trailer and drag it. If you ride it, it'll probably never cool down enough, until way later in the afternoon, for us to adjust the valves.
-------------

Not really sure where to put this. Mods, please move if needed.

Well, I'm at 16000 miles so it's time for some maintenance including a valve adjustment. I've done them numerous times, so I'd figured I'd ask if anyone else up here in Northern California (Santa Rosa) needs a valve adjustment as well -- cause if so I'd be glad to host a few people at my place for some BBQ, brews and motorcycle maintenance!

This forum has been extremely helpful to me, so I figure if someone needs the help to learn how to do something that the dealer charges WAY TOO MUCH for, I'll be glad to help walk ya through it.

I've got plenty of space, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I plan on doing it in the next few weeks, month at most.

Last edited:
I would love to learn how to. I've only done 3,000 miles on my NC, and am located in Mountain View. If you get a quorum and are meeting over the weekend, I can join.

Sounds good!

I'm just hoping for a few people so we can all do it at the same time, ya know?

Last edited:
I think I still have a little over 4k to go for my next valve adjustment. Will be changing out my rear tire this Monday though. I work shift work and unfortunately I don't really have a free weekend until May. But I do have family in Santa Rosa, so maybe some day we can meet up when I get out there to see my relatives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd love to go but I still have another 5k miles to go for the 16k valve check. I did the 8k by myself and there wasn't too much to it but I'm sure having some help will make the job easier.

Last edited:
Antarius, what a generous offer! Thanks for posting. :)

And, take pictures of your "valve party". ;)

Last edited:
All good!

I'll keep checking this thread and in a few weeks we'll iron out the details!

just had my 8000 mile adjustment last fall. had to pay out $345. think some one could record it and put it on you tube sure would help some of us out

just had my 8000 mile adjustment last fall. had to pay out $345. think some one could record it and put it on you tube sure would help some of us out

Another member on here did a how-to on YouTube, and I wrote one with pictures as well!!

Update: This is going to be done in late April when the wife and baby are overseas.

I'll iron a date out in the next few weeks.

Google says I'm 3078 miles, 43 hours (46 with traffic?) on I-80 from Santa Rosa. Late April? I have 2547 miles on my bike that has been sitting my shed for the past 5 months and might be back on the road in a week or two, if it doesn't snow. Nah! I'm not going to make it, sorry. You guys have fun.

Okay, I am going to be doing mine on Saturday, May 2nd I plan on getting going on it around 9:00-10:00AM.

See ORIGINAL POST for additional information.

Last edited:
I'm not even close on miles, but thought I might ride over just to meet people.
Unfortunately I have a 45th reunion planning meeting that morning. Hope all goes well.

Back