• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750s

This one has been beat to death already. I someone will find a link (I'm feeling lazy lol) I will add it to the FAQ.

I think the long and short of it is that it would be almost impossible because the bike is not approved for environmental emissions. I could be wrong though.

Since the US dealers know the rules about exporting from US to Canada....Canadian dealers would probably know how to export to the US. Try contacting a large Canadian Honda dealer that is close to the border.

The short answer I believe, is no. :(

The US has an emissions package that the CDN spec bikes do not have, with charcoal vapour recovery canister, associated hoses, plumbing, one way valve/s, etc.

Now, in theory, since the US NCX models have all the emissions stuff, one would imagine the remote possibility to swap all the NCX hardware onto an NCS, but...

A: even if you could do that, I'm sure the parts and labour expense would be eye watering, and who would do it anyway? I don't think a Canadian dealer would.

B: there may be other things we are not aware of; like if there are subtle differences in the computers, to deal with the emission requirements, timing, ec., etc., and lastly,

C: they may be minor, but there are differences between the NCX and the NCS models, aside from the obvious bodywork, suspension, bars, and so on. The electrical harness is reversed left to right as far as the accessory plugs go, the frunk key location and latch mechanism are totally different, so who knows if the emissions plumbing from an X would even fit on an S model? This would mean you might have to try and purchase the appropriate gubbins from somewhere else other than the 'States, like the UK or something, where they have NCS models (but I don't know if they have the same USA emissions equipment.) I don't even wanna know how much that would cost... :eek:

Sorry, sueb :(

You could call Mother Honda USA and ask if it is possible to buy an S in Canada and import into the US.
Motorcycle Division

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

The phone number is their customer service, but they may be able to direct you to the appropriate personnel.

Last edited:
You could call Mother Honda USA and ask if it is possible to buy an S in Canada and import into the US.
Motorcycle Division

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

Hey, you never know until you ask!

I think these 2 sections sums it up. It might be possible if the NHTSA would accept that the s is basically the same as an X but you will have to pay a registered importer to fight the battle and might have to add some emissions stuff. Interestingly we found that starting with 2014 models all of the bikes aren't 50 state emissions. Apparently they removed the evap canister on non-CA bikes.

3. Requirements to lawfully import motorcycles or motor-driven cycles for on-road use.

If a motorcycle or motor driven cycle is capable of a top speed above 20 miles per hour and is equipped with components (such as lights, mirrors, and turn signals) that are needed for on-road use, NHTSA will regard it as having been primarily manufactured for such purposes. Motorcycles and motor-driven cycles with these capabilities and equipment cannot be lawfully imported into the U.S. unless they were originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS and bear a label certifying such compliance that is permanently affixed by the original manufacturer. The label must be affixed to a permanent member of the vehicle, as close as is practicable to the intersection of the steering post and the handle bars, so that its contents can be easily read without moving any part of the vehicle except for the steering mechanism. In addition, the vehicle’s manufacturer is required to submit to NHTSA identifying information on itself and the products it manufactures to the FMVSS (as required by 49 CFR Part 566), provide NHTSA with information the agency would need to decipher the VIN the manufacturer is required (under 49 CFR Part 565) to assign to each motor vehicle manufactured for sale in the U.S., and designate a U.S. resident as its agent for service of process (as required under 49 CFR 551.45).

3. Importing a conforming vs. a non-conforming vehicle.

If a motor vehicle was manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS, and bears a label certifying such compliance that was permanently affixed by its original manufacturer, there is no need for NHTSA approval before the vehicle is imported. However, the manufacturer would have to submit to the agency information identifying it and the products that it manufactures that are subject to our standards no later than 30 days after manufacturing begins. In addition, the manufacturer would have to submit to us information necessary to decipher the VIN that it must assign to each motor vehicle it manufactures for sale in the U.S. If the vehicle manufacturer is not located in the U.S. the manufacturer must also designate a U.S. resident as its agent for service of process.

If the vehicle is less than 25 years old and was not originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS, and/or was not so certified by its original manufacturer, it cannot be lawfully imported into the U.S. on a permanent basis unless NHTSA determines it eligible for importation. The agency makes those determinations on its own initiative or the basis of a petition from a registered importer. These are business entities that are specifically approved by NHTSA to import nonconforming vehicles and to perform the necessary modifications on those vehicles so that they conform to all applicable FMVSS. The petitions must specify that the vehicle is substantially similar to a vehicle that was certified by its original manufacturer as conforming to all applicable FMVSS and is capable of being readily altered to conform to those standards, or, if there is no substantially similar U.S.-certified vehicle, that the vehicle has safety features that comply with, or are capable of being altered to comply with, the FMVSS based on destructive test information or other evidence the agency deems adequate. Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis.

An additional requirement for the lawful importation of a nonconforming vehicle is that it be imported by a registered importer (RI) or by an individual who has contracted with an RI to bring the vehicle into conformity with all applicable FMVSS. A bond in an amount equivalent to 150 percent of the declared value of the vehicle must be given at the time of importation to ensure that the necessary modifications are completed within 120 days of entry. A list of RI's can be found on our web site at Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements. You might want to contact one or more of the listed RIs to obtain their opinion on the feasibility of conforming the vehicle that you seek to import to the FMVSS, and the costs involved in petitioning the agency to determine that vehicle to be eligible for importation, as well as the costs for conforming the vehicle to the FMVSS.

Sounds like it would just be easier to move to Canada....

Or look for a used 700S north of the border, might be easier to get one of those across than a new 750S.

If I were you I would just shop around Toronto area, buy and register it right there. Then hop across the border and you're on your way home on your new bike with Ontario plates, who cares?. I bought my first car within first week in Canada and they didn't ask me for any proof of residence or something like that (that might be different in Ontario). It all depends on how bad you want it and what you are ready to do for that.

Another thing is the insurance might be way higher there. Other than that I do not see any problem.

Back