• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

KY and neighbors - Icebreaker Campout, Mar 28/29, near Cave City

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
Pulling this over from the ADVRider forums, but it looks to be a lot of fun
2015 Icebreaker Campout (KY) - ADVrider

Date: Saturday March 28th

Ralph & Lina are all set to host us again. Give them a call @ (270) 773-4740 if you want to reserve a cabin or just pitch a tent in their camping area. Ralph says the Porky Pig in beautiful downtown Pig, Ky is going strong as is Mamma Lou's BBQ #2 in Munfordville, KY. Plenty of more traditional lodging & eats in near by Cave City.

As it stands, the cabins are full. I am on standby in case one opens up, but am on the list for a campsite. This is apparently an annual event. Keeping fingers crossed we dont end up with more bad weather and we get a dry weekend for this one.

Depending on when I get out from work, I may end up heading down Friday night as well.

Deckyon, FYI: Cave City is only a couple of miles from the cabins, and there are multiple hotels in Cave City at the Interstate; just saying, riders could hang out at the campsite until bedtime and ride to the hotel if they don't want to camp.

Yeah, I have been down there before, but not on the bike. I wanted a cabin, but they were full when I called. I am one who doesnt want to travel after I have wound down, and if this motocamping is anything like my normal camping experiences, I wont want to get on the bike again after I have taken a seat, stoked a pipe and poured a bourbon (or two).

Damn, that sounds good right now...

Yeah, I have been down there before, but not on the bike. I wanted a cabin, but they were full when I called. I am one who doesnt want to travel after I have wound down, and if this motocamping is anything like my normal camping experiences, I wont want to get on the bike again after I have taken a seat, stoked a pipe and poured a bourbon (or two).

Damn, that sounds good right now...

Yes it does. If you are camping, you are not going that far and don't need to pack the kitchen sink the same as in car camping. Most of the guys will want dinner in a restaurant so no need to carry food and cooking utensils (and stores are just down the road).

I will probably still pack down the normal camp food I take. If I use it, great, if not, great. I can get everything I need for that stuff in a single dry bag even without the panniers (which are still on back-order...) so I know I can easily get everything on the bike. Especially with the new rear rack.

This will be my first outing for motocamping, so there will be much learning going on. The weekend before I will be doing the full pack out and I will be going down the street to a park to set everything up and break it down and tweak what I can without actually camping yet. Whole different mindset for camping than what I did from my car, but closer to when I would backpack in Colorado.

Last edited:
Back