• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speaking of Crosstour / Runner......

Other than the styling (i.e., a beak) I don't really see anything ADV about this bike. It's a modern day Japanese "standard". Perhaps you could say the same of the NC700X, but at least the NC is tuned for low end torque and has a low C of G.

Last edited:
[Other than the styling (i.e., a beak) I don't really see anything ADV about this bike. It's a modern day Japanese "standard". ]

It's not any different than cars that are categorized as "Sport Utility Vehicles." In ref to the Adv-look motorcycles, buyers want that look so manufacturers have to offer them - if they want to stay in business. Going by the sales numbers, I'd say that bikes with the Adv-look are THE new standard.

Honestly, very few who ride Adv-bikes are interested in riding on the dirt, even a graded dirt road, but that's OK. :eek:

Last edited:
Other than the styling (i.e., a beak) I don't really see anything ADV about this bike. It's a modern day Japanese "standard". Perhaps you could say the same of the NC700X, but at least the NC is tuned for low end torque and has a low C of G.

I agree.

The Runner is a VFR800 with longer legs and Adventure clothes just like the Crosstourer is a VFR 1200 with the same treatment. Neither have been successful for Honda either here or in the UK.

The NC is still a road bike but imho, better suited to general purpose use that could include light trail riding, if properly equipped. Its excellent motor and good mass centralisation, together with a low C of G, make it easy to manage in off balance situations. I could not say the same for either of the other bikes as they are both top heavy just like my Triumph Explorer. If I was in a situation that required me to bring the Explorer or the NC offroad, I would always take the NC in preference. My only concern about the NC is ground clearance, as I have found the hard way.

Lightness and having good low end torque are sterling attributes when riding "off road."

Probably a really comfortable bad pavement bike. I love V4's and have had several, and still have one....but they are complex and difficult to work on. Not my choice for a touring bike. Hydraulic valve lifters and only 2 throttle bodies would make it more attractive to me. Too bad Honda doesn't offer a 19" front wheel and cartridge fork "adventure option" for the NC.

That thing is the real deal. Honda purists have been waiting for it for years. I believe there will be up to three versions, one of which will be a dct according to those in the know. Looks like a vertical twin but what is inside will be interesting.

The Turkish Police use the Crossrunner and the Varadero.

The Crossrunner and Crosstourer are Roadbikes, as is the NC, not in the least designed for off-road.

Fantastic engines though.

There is very little wrong with either of them and as you say they indeed have fantastic engines. Yet, they are not proving attractive to the buying public. I have a friend who rode the 800 when his own bike was in for service, and he loved it. I rode the Crosstourer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though the motor was stronger than that on my Explorer, it still could not drag me away from the Triumph. It would be my second choice though.

Back