• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil and coolant Temperatures.

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Hello Technical people!

I am just curious if anyone has any hard numbers/ evidence of what the operating temperatures are on the oil and coolant.

Are they standard Honda 195F coolant? and 212F oil? Since this is a car engine (what the internet tells me).

One way to check the oil temp. Ride the bike for long enough to assure that its fully warmed up. As soon as you shut it off, pull the dip stick and place in a cooking thermoter. Kinda redneck, but it will work. You probably already know, but do not do this with the coolant as you can get burned!

The redneck oil check, I like that...Someone with one of the service manuals should have the hard numbers and maybe how the check should be done...or we can call Jeff Foxworthy and ask him how a redneck checks his radiator.

One way to check the oil temp. Ride the bike for long enough to assure that its fully warmed up. As soon as you shut it off, pull the dip stick and place in a cooking thermoter. Kinda redneck, but it will work. You probably already know, but do not do this with the coolant as you can get burned!

I tried this. My engine runs half-way between turkey and ham.

Back