• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What a set of new tires cost

DB1965

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i just brought a set of Michelin PR4,s for my NC750X online for £176.48 delivered im UK based and these are being exported from Germany.
Over here can't get a set from the UK for less than £270 this seems madness this difference in costs as we are all part EU.
I am happy £50 to fit them that's with a local mech taking the bike and changing not me taking wheels off, he will re track and align all as well as lube all running gear ;)
So what have you paid and where are you based,

Last edited:
A set of Continental Motion tires bought in the U.S. and shipped to the U.S. costs $138, or about €121, or £90. Install them yourself and that's your total cost.

Michelin PR4 set would be considerably higher at $305, €268, £198, bought and shipped within the U.S.

Pricing based on this seller: http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33_176_1073

Last edited:
I just had a road pilot 2 rear fitted and supplied whilst having an mot done at an independent garage for £ 105 inclusive of taxes and fitting/balancing, new valve.

A set of Continental Motion tires bought in the U.S. and shipped to the U.S. costs $138, or about €121, or £90. Install them yourself and that's your total cost.

Michelin PR4 set would be considerably higher at $305, €268, £198, bought and shipped within the U.S.

Pricing based on this seller: MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 4 STREET TIRE - American Motorcycle Tire

yep thats my point you can purchase for a set for 198 are the imported or produced over thier i would think imported?

I just had a road pilot 2 rear fitted and supplied whilst having an mot done at an independent garage for £ 105 inclusive of taxes and fitting/balancing, new valve.

That's not bad retail list as £156 but best you can find is £78 on the net + fitting seems the dealers in Scotland like to pass the discounted prices they get the tyres for on to us punters :D in Scotland, let us know who you used as im up that way for 9 days end of May on the bike touring and a good garage is always good to know
Cheers David

Last edited:
That's not bad retail list as £156 but best you can find is £78 on the net + fitting seems the dealers in Scotland like to pass the discounted prices they get the tyres for on to us punters :D in Scotland, let us know who you used as im up that way for 9 days end of May on the bike touring and a good garage is always good to know
Cheers David

A and G Motorcycles Dumfries

[never heard of Tourance what are they ?]

They are Michelins usually fitted onto BMW adventure bikes. I'd have to guess that tire prices can and are affected by local taxes, import duties, etc.

Happy never heard of Tourance what are they ?

Metzeler, great tyres, had them on the Transalp, very hard wearing, good for light off-road.

the current recommendation for the NC750 seems to be the Pirelli Scorpion.

Back