• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - South of the Border

We have come for a stop for today. Two more days in Baja. After that, we ride the ferry over to Copper Canyon.

MexicoHotel.jpg

Last edited:
I'm jealous. I want to hear all about it when you come up here. I'd love to be down there with you. Can't wait to hear how the NC does in the Canyon.
Mike

Nana Chou went on a little ferry ride today.

Cortez.jpg

Across the Sea of Cortez. All day on the ferry. She has now seen Baja. Lots of whales and dolphins

[video=youtube;3uvgrnwyOlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uvgrnwyOlc[/video]

Last edited:
We were on Mexico 16 today going to Copper Canyon. Only got 175 miles today. It was really raining hard in the mountains. The hard rain causes the rock on the mountains to come lose and fall a long way down trying to pick off us Adventure rides. Couple of close calls from falling rock today. The Go Pro battery went to pot a few days ago, hope to get a new one in Chihuahua tomorrow if the rain ever stops.

Just a few iphone pics so far, due to bad battery on GoPro.

Breakdown.jpg

FerryAtPort.jpg

FerryRide.jpg

HondaDealer.jpg

HondaDealerEmployees.jpg

TireHole.jpg

TrailerBike.jpg

Last edited:
I have know idea what I hit. What ever it was, it put a two inch hole in my side wall. The owner of the hotel rides adventure bikes, and he had an extra TKC 80, so I bought it from him.
I have to give two thumbs up to the Honda dealership in Hermosillo, he stayed over late until we got the bike to his dealership. We road about 200 miles on Mexico 16 highway, and that is about as far as possible in the unreal rain we were in. Big rocks were falling from the mountains onto the roadway the entire way. Like playing dodge ball with rocks while riding your motorcycle.

I have know idea what I hit. What ever it was, it put a two inch hole in my side wall. The owner of the hotel rides adventure bikes, and he had an extra TKC 80, so I bought it from him.
I have to give two thumbs up to the Honda dealership in Hermosillo, he stayed over late until we got the bike to his dealership. We road about 200 miles on Mexico 16 highway, and that is about as far as possible in the unreal rain we were in. Big rocks were falling from the mountains onto the roadway the entire way. Like playing dodge ball with rocks while riding your motorcycle.

Leave it to you to make an adventure more adventurous. Glad you are ok and still moving. Just makes for a better campfire story. Can't wait to hear about Copper Canyon.
Mike

Today we road in Copper Canyon. Thought I had recorded some of the best video of my life. But my new helmet that can take pictures of in front, above, and behind was left in the above position all day. So, I now have the best videos on earth of the sky at Copper Canyon.

Riding Copper Canyon is like putting the dragon at deals gap, the million dollar highway, and mount nebo all into one hard day of riding. It is about 300 miles of unreal motorcycling.

Still a lot of rock in the roadway from last nights rain. Some parts of the roadway were unreal to try and drive on!

Lots of fog early. Coming around one of the early bends was a Mexican cowboy, driving his cattle, with his 5 dogs. Never had to ride though a lot of cattle before. The entire place is open range with many cattle, horses, and goats on the roadway. The pace is extremely slow. Water was running off all the mountains still from the rains of last night. A few bends later there was a wolf entering the roadway. We scared him and he was gone back into the mountain. A lot of animals were on the roadway. I guess the rains caused this. The parts we did not get to see because of the weather today in Copper Canyon, we are going back to see tomorrow in the train.

The fellow who is with me, I have know for over 45 years. Been a single fellow most of his life, and he has truly traveled the world. He and Hitler were born 35 miles apart, so he rides only BMW. He ran into a major problem with blood clotting recently. Now he is on a blood thinner that requires him to be very careful. I did not know this until shortly before leaving for the canyon. So, we could only ride places in the canyon that he felt were extremely within his abilities. So, we did not get to see all of the canyon today.

However, tomorrow we are going to ride the train threw the canyon to see the parts of the canyon we would not get to today.

Today I took 47 great videos of the sky in Copper Canon

[video=youtube;sVO6-C0GVIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVO6-C0GVIk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We did take one picture:

CopperCanyonPic2.jpg

Last edited:
Back