• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new nc750x competitor coming - Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

I wish they would start making these kind of bikes with a 30 in seat height.they always seem to target 6 ft people.it reminds me of the wee Strom that came out a few years ago.

I wish they would start making these kind of bikes with a 30 in seat height.they always seem to target 6 ft people.it reminds me of the wee Strom that came out a few years ago.
Ziggie,
It is the Wee Strom, just with spoked wheels and a few additional touring accessories and an increase in MSRP!
But I also think it is cool.

They have many many more choices in Europe for mid-size adventure bikes...
That suck :p
I think the new V-Strom is a very good choicenbut if I had to change my bike, my guess will be to wait and see if Honda is going to make (hopefully) the New Africa Twin available in America.

I had two Vstrom's and the build quality is not the same as the NC. Also it may be 10 lbs lighter but it's still a top heavy bike. Also no frunk and worse gas mileage. The spoke wheels are nice though.

I had two Vstrom's and the build quality is not the same as the NC. Also it may be 10 lbs lighter but it's still a top heavy bike. Also no frunk and worse gas mileage. The spoke wheels are nice though.
I also had two V-Stroms, a 2003 DL1000 and a 2007 DL650. The 650 was way superior to the 1000. And you are correct about the 'Stroms being top heavy. Also a longer wheelbase. I find the NC much easier to maneuver at low speeds and in cramped spaces. Love the frunk. But I do like the spoked wheels.

Don't like the front end, looks like a deformed duck!

When I look back at my NC in a car park it gives me heart palpitations! I'd wanna run away from the Strom before anyone saw me with it?

Not for me. Although I agree about the spoked wheels, wish I had em.

yeah, I found most suzuki v-twins bikes being top heavy but I bet you'll get way more power (~66 HP) then nc750x. Pricing will be about same as nc750x as dealer told me. In a month or so I should see it according to him.
NC750 has still way better torque though - 45 lb ft @ 4,750 rpm versus Suzuki 44.3lb ft of torque at 6,400rpm.

From Motorcycle-USA.Com

2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS Specs
Engine: 645cc liquid-cooled 90-degree V-Twin
Bore x Stroke: 81mm x 62.6mm
Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Front Suspension: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear Suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front Brakes: Dual disc
Rear Brakes: Single disc
Front Tire: 110/80R 19M/C Tubeless
Rear Tire: 150/70R 17M/C Tubeless
Seat Height: 32.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.9 inches
Wheelbase: 61.4 inches
Weight: 474 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gallons

2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS First Look - Motorcycle USA

Looks great. I wonder how many of those accessories pictured are included in the base model? Not for me, too top heavy, no DCT. I'm also wondering if the nostrils in the beak are for real or for styling like on the NCX?

To me this is an apples-vs-oranges comparison. The NC was designed for low cost and great fuel economy so although the Wee-Strom has considerably more power, it no doubt uses more fuel. People who buy NC's aren't looking for the most powerful 650-700 cc bike available.

Every bike is a compromise so each person has to decide which area of performance or comfort they can sacrifice.

I wish they would start making these kind of bikes with a 30 in seat height.they always seem to target 6 ft people.

I am grateful for ADV/dualsport bikes because they are the only ones this 6-footer can ride comfortably. Everything else makes me look like a shriner in a clown car.

I can't understand the allure of spoked wheels, I replaced my XL700 for the NC 750 and one of the main reasons was Tube Tyres, pain in the backside.

The Strom gearbox is not on a par with the NC750, and it will rot quickly, a common problem with Suzuki

Put an NC along side that Suzuki and compare and I think you will find the quality of the Honda shines though...it staggers me just how well the NC is put together compared to other bikes...

[I can't understand the allure of spoked wheels.]

It's mostly desired by those who want to do more dirt riding. How much dirt riding is desired varies and I have to believe that only a modest number of miles on not-too-technical dirt can be easily accomplished with cast wheels. No one is going to practice for the Dakar Rally with their NC700X!

I can't understand the allure of spoked wheels, I replaced my XL700 for the NC 750 and one of the main reasons was Tube Tyres, pain in the backside.

The Strom gearbox is not on a par with the NC750, and it will rot quickly, a common problem with Suzuki

For your info Tim, it looks like the tires on the Strom are tubeless just like some others spoked wheels and it's the best of both world for off-road use.

well, you don't have to understand, but to me (and many others) spoked wheel looks way better but more importantly gives you better wheel flexibility on bumpy roads not to mention you can repair such wheel in the field
while cast wheel once broken it's broken. Regarding tubes, even when riding with cast tubeless wheels you better have spare tube with you because when you crack the cast wheel you won't be able to inflated it without putting tube inside.

Back