• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leaking fork

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
I am just posting for the heck of it. I am not sure why, but my right fork is leaking fluid. There is a fine film on the fork upper, and a bit pooling at the rear side on the rubber dust cover. I will be taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I can't believe a brand new bike with just over 1k miles would leak this much:mad:. It better by covered under warranty...

Just for the record, I haven't done much riding that could cause this (wheelies, bad roads, etc.). I have done about 1 mile total of unimproved roads (holy crap, the suspension is a bit harsh for that!). The rest is commuting to work or riding up smooth canyon roads.

Hope no one else experiences this.

Hi All,
I am just posting for the heck of it. I am not sure why, but my right fork is leaking fluid. There is a fine film on the fork upper, and a bit pooling at the rear side on the rubber dust cover. I will be taking it into the dealership tomorrow. I can't believe a brand new bike with just over 1k miles would leak this much:mad:. It better by covered under warranty...

Just for the record, I haven't done much riding that could cause this (wheelies, bad roads, etc.). I have done about 1 mile total of unimproved roads (holy crap, the suspension is a bit harsh for that!). The rest is commuting to work or riding up smooth canyon roads.

Hope no one else experiences this.

Too soon for wear to cause it. It is not impossible to damage a seal during installation though. Maybe just an assembly defect and surely a warranty item.

Hehe, no stoppies either.

I just returned from the dealer. I made the appointment TWO DAYS AGO, and it took them 20 min after I checked in to figure out that they don't have the seals in stock! REALLY!? So now I have to wait another week for the parts to come in, and have to rearrange my work schedule AGAIN to bring my bike in. Worst part of it is, the dealer doesn't even have a loaner program, despite their size, and the bike is my transportation. I either get to wait around while they fix it, or bum rides from people to and from the dealer. Boo.

I know Suzuli does not cover fork seals, they say its a normal wear item like brakes. Happened to me with a Vstrom with 1000ish miles, guy said Suzki won't pay it even if it is brand new on the floor. He called suzuki and handed me the phone so I could hear their reesponce. Glad to hear they are going to help anyway.

That must be just a lemon....Honda will change it for free.
The quality of the garage or the quickness of the service may not represent Honda quality (which in my opinion is quite high).

Hope it works out in the end.

Well, everything went well yesterday. It took about 1.5 hours from check-in to drive away. The repair was covered under warranty.

Back