• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Shoei Neotec--- I like it

Quadidaho

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The fog finally lifted a little and I got my first ride of the year in today-- not bad for Idaho-- a January ride. Tried my new helmet out today-- Shoei Neotec. Really liked it-- fits really well and after all I had heard about modulars being noisy was really impressed and relieved to find out that it was really pretty quiet! No complaints--- other than the $$$$. Well worth it in my opinion!

I also just got one, took my second ride with it today, I agree it's pretty quiet. If the vents work as well as I've been told during the summer, I'll have no complaints at all.

I like the Neotec as well. Sometimes I have to close the chin vent as it ventilates so well the draft across my face aggravates dry eye condition. Mine leaks water in the rain however. My Multitec never leaked water. I put up with the Neotec leaks because everything else I like so much (fit, comfort, sun shade, ventilation, quality of details).

I love my Neotec, I had it for several months now. I added a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset to mine. Now I have the best of both worlds... :eek:

You made a sound decision in getting this helmet. I think that I need to get the 31mm check pads, as there's some pressure on my checks. The helmet comes with 35 mm check pads out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,374
I've have my Neotech for a month and love it! I really struggled to justify the price of the helmet, but I am very glad I purchased it.

I just wish the Cardo SHO-1 Bluetooth system was available in the USA.

bw

Best lid I've ever owned, but only because I got a good discount (£280) on it as I bought it when I ordered my NC.

£550 (Borealis hi viz model) is one hell of a lot of dough for a lid, if you can justify spending that then I doubt you'd regret the purchase.

My first helmet is an arai xd4 (hi vis), when its time to retire this helmet, then I will get the
shoei neotec (borealis hi vis)

Yep, a Neotec is hard to beat. I've worn out two Multitecs so this is a natural progression for me. I like this one much better than the previous two. Shoei has made some very nice changes to the design.

They're expensive but if you ride longer distances and wear a cheap helmet you're really selling yourself short. I swear I don't understand why people spend thousands of dollars on a bike and wear a cheap helmet.
Mike

I have a Multitec and it is an excellent helmet. It only lacks the sun visor that the Neotec has. I also have a Schuberth C3. It was troublesome from the getgo with visor leaking issues that they fixed after 6 months. However I have always preferred the Shoei as the mechanism of the pivots on the helmet always were smoother in operation than the Schuberth. To fasten the Schuberth properly I have to come to a halt and use two hands. No such issue with the Shoei and the front of the helmet clicks smoothly into place with one hand.

My next new helmet will be a Neotec

Back