• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Overland Expo West 2015?

I have been and if you are into dirt riding it is worth your time and money. I rode my NC700 and it did take a real beating and kept on ticking (minus a few plastic storage tubes). This event is the only place you can get free basic dirt training classes (This class included about 80% of all dirt situaltions) from Rawhyde, but they are trying to get you to sign up for the high dollar advance dirt training classes. Rawhyde offers a free beginners one hour dirt ride in the rock and sand, that I did. However, the ride with Rawhyde to the canyon rim cost $300 dollars, starts out at sun up and gets back at sun down. About half the folks fall out, and turn back at about the 3 mile mark. About 50 miles each way, there and back. Everyone (including the Rawhyde instructors) went down at least once !

30.jpg

If you really want some great information on both the Overland Expo and riding in Arizona, Ponyperformance8 is the fellow to PM. I believe he made it to every vendors tent, every ride and class given last year at Overland Expo. Besides, no one on this forum knows more about riding Arizona than he does.

redhead.jpg

Last edited:
Chestnut ride to the Expo, last year I rode from Pa and met up with OCR in Tx and met another rider. It was a blast riding into Mormon Lake.

Chestnut ride to the Expo, last year I rode from Pa and met up with OCR in Tx and met another rider. It was a blast riding into Mormon Lake.

Riding there is a no go. But if we're still in the area and hubby can get away from work, hauling out in a truck might work. Or maybe we'll end up at the eastern one... Life is a bit up in the air right now.

Hey there, sorry it took so long, but I just found your thread, I'll be out again this year, heading up on Thursday and gonna spend a couple nights at Dairy Springs campground, it was a lot of fun and worth the ride !

Well I hope I'm not the only one but if I am sei la vie ! I'm gonna enjoy the dirt on the way !

I was planning on the ride but since my TX2AK was upped to leave on 5/21 I'll have to wait, and I need the Rawhydes class more than anyone. Unfortunately my neighbor who has a new Harley glide something or ever has pressed me into letting him come with me to AK. Older like me so may be his last chance to do it, so I'm stuck getting us both ready for the challenge.

Have a get time and post lots of pictures.

Boz

Wow awesome, how'd you manage that ? I'll look for you there, I'll bet there. Won't be many of us !

Zero will be set up out there for Demo rides.... Talked to Brett.... Check out their website...... Should be fun....
Do we need a secret hand shake or something....... Ha Ha.........

Back