• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suzuki TC/TS 125

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, a friend of mine who barters for a living stopped by the other day with a deal that looks too good to be true. He's found an old 2-stroke Suzuki 125 dual sport bike that has been in some guys barn for who knows how long. I can't tell too much from the picture, but it looks fairly intact. Does anyone here have any experience with the TC or TS 125s from the mid 70's? What about two-strokes in general? Would it be more work than it's worth? I'm tempted to pull the trigger and bring it home. For a price tag of $125, I can't really complain. I don't know what kind of work it needs though. Of course we'll have to see what the wife says about it, but what do y'all think?

Just give the guy what he ask for, take the bike home and then and just after theses 2 steps completed, tell your wife...asking your wife what she thing of that without the first 2 steps completed, you already know her answer ...;) stop thinking, go for it and have fun! We have only one life to live and you have the power to make this pretty little thing live his second life...come on...Run :D

1974_TC125L_sales1_842.jpg

That was my first bike! I would snap it up. You could part it out for a lot more than $125.
As an aside, there's a two stroke week in early spring at the "Dragon" I was there last year. You could turn it there. OR, you could have fun with it and get it going again!

I went to pick it up yesterday just to back out when I saw it in person. You know those guys who just give you the creeps? This guy was one of them. There was lots of broken stuff on the bike itself, lots of rust, several missing pieces, etc. I know that barn finds aren't showroom pieces and all that could have been overlooked, but the guy said that I couldn't get it registered because he couldn't give me a bill of sale. When I produced the Georgia T-7 form that had been waiting patiently in my bag, he hemmed and hawed and flat wouldn't fill it out. This resulted in a "Thank you and have a nice day" moment in his barn. I don't know for sure that things were as sketchy as they felt, but the whole situation didn't pass the smell test so I walked away. One day I might find a suitable 2-stroke toy, but I sure won't buy it from that guy.

Well done, sad end but a smart one.
Two strokes are addictive ! I have a Montesa Cota 310 and ride it sometimes, it has the explosive power and it makes me feel like when I was 16 y.o.
Will Neves sell it

Enviado

The biggest problem with 2 stroke engines is the seals. If any seal leaks, the bike does not run. Easy tear down, so the first step if it is not running is to replace all the seals. Make sure to purchase the kick starter seal also, as it does not come in the seal kit.

Back