• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

750X DCT Demo.

Jelly

Reaction score
Visit site
I put this together with my new Go Pro (and I "borrowed" my sons too).

I know I'd've watched it before I had my NC, and maybe any folks with a manual NC may like to see exactly how the gearbox performs.

It's not really a comprehensive demo, just a quick peek really.

:)

[video=youtube_share;Xzemz6ofEHA]http://youtu.be/Xzemz6ofEHA[/video]

Jelly, the only thing is I can't hear your bike shifting very good because of the wind noise. I've been having buyers remorse lately. Originally, when I was looking at the NC700's I was intending to get the DCT but chickened out. I like mine but those DCT's are still calling.

Jelly, the only thing is I can't hear your bike shifting very good because of the wind noise. I've been having buyers remorse lately. Originally, when I was looking at the NC700's I was intending to get the DCT but chickened out. I like mine but those DCT's are still calling.

#1 reason I got my DCT. Didn't want that feeling you have. :)

Tbh with a lid on I hardly hear it change gear myself. Lol

I did the close up of the dash so the gear changes could be seen and at what speeds etc.

I saw that in another thread. As I said there, mounting it behind the screen seems to make the picture all wobbly?

It wasnt behind the screen; it was in front. The wobble wasnt there in Final Cut, only after it was uploaded to youtube. I will try a different render and reupload again later... I posted it here for the audio of the engine and gears shifting, not necessarily the video itself.

See if this allows you to hear the DCT working. I have the GoPro mounted on the bottom of the windscreen and there is next to no wind noise. The shifts are just slight clicks, and when you let the bike do it on its own, they are smooth as well, no jerky motion. This one is of mine, 2014 NC700X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJB2DkPkvQ
Yep, I hear the shifting better on yours, I may still own a DCT someday as long as I hear that tranny is still holding up.

Last edited:
Your history is connected to the sea. After all, didn't the British come up with nautical miles equal to 2000 yards? ;)

Actually, the nautical mile makes good sense, being roughly equal to a minute of arc along a meridian. OTOH, it's the basis for the yard unit that we can attribute to the British.

Last edited:
Well those last two posts went straight over my head, I may live on an island, and close to the Coast but I'm no salty ol'seadog!

My eldest brother was, along with my dad, uncle and grandad.

Terrafirma for me, the more firm the less terror! ;)

Oh, and I don't particularly fancy being eaten by a shark.

MPH is MPH wherever you live.

I know there's a difference between UK gallons and US gallons, but not MPH!

I thought the UK uses the Metric system, so wouldn't that be Kilometers per hour (KPH) or does England use Standard measuring system for speedometers?

We use both the European metric system and the English imperial system too.

We use different systems for different things, imperial for MPH and miles for eg.

We have had the metric weight system forced upon us by Brussels, but we still use the imperial system for that too, most goods are marked with both lbs oz & Kg kilos.

I work in construction and that's all metric, which makes sense really as its all in multiples of ten, makes it easy.

But then if I'm describing a distance to someone outside of work I'd normally use the imperial system, 3 feet, half a mile for eg.

So to summarise, in this country you can get in your car and do 35mph for 3 miles to buy a kilo of potatoes and a pint of milk!;)

Now that is just crazy trying to use both systems at the same time-one of the reasons the metric system failed in the US in the late 60s-early 70s, but then, instead of trying to teach the US the metric system, they tried to teach conversions of imperial to metric. I know how a long a foot is, but they wanted to convert the foot into how many centimeters, who cares, a foot is so long, a yard is so long, and a meter is so long, who cares if a foot is xxx.xxxx centimeters. A litre is approximately the size of a quart, but approx. wasn't good enough, the teachers wanted to know the exact xxx.xxx of everything and it failed miserably.

Back