• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Amsoil Oil Filter? Anyone?

motocommuter

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone using an Amsoil oil filter yet? I use Amsoil on everything I own but can't seem to narrow down the filter I need. The Honda filter number is 15410-MFJ-D01. I have heard of some guys saying that the Honda 15410-MFJ-505 is compatable. Amsoil has a cross reference for that filter. However, untill Honda lists that filter as the compatable I will not use it. So, is there an Amsoil cross reference for 15410-MFJ-D01 yet? Note; I am not trying to start an oil or filter debate here. Just looking for some info. Thanks again for any answers!

I believe that the other filter is Honda 15410-MCJ-505 not 15410-MFJ-505.

K&N and HiFlo both list their filters as compatible with either, but that doesn't mean that they are. It will physically fit the base and threads. You could "guess" that the bypass valve and flowrates are equivalent (they probably are) but that is what it would be. I normally use Amsoil filters too but since I couldn't confirm a cross-reference I bought a half dozen Honda OEM 15410-MFJ-D01's which will last me 60,000 miles as I change oil at 5,000 miles (Amsoil MCT 10W-30) and filters every other time. I'm not selling anything, that is just the path I chose. There are surely cheaper solutions and possibly better solutions, but I think the scoot is well lubricated with this plan.

Sounds like you have the same plan as I do! I'll just use the Honda filters with Amsoil oil until a solid cross reference is available. I am definitely not one for assuming or guessing when it comes to oil and filters. Thanks for the info.

Ok, this took a bit of trial and error but here is what I was able to find:
2011 Honda VT750C Shadow uses the same (Filter Set, Oil - 15010-MCE-H51) as the 2012 Honda NC700X.

AMSOIL reccomends the following filters for the 2011 Honda VT750C Shadow:
EA Oil Filter - Motorcycle [chrome] (EaOM103C)
EA Oil Filter - Motorcycle [black] (EaOM103)

In my (often confused) mind...it would seem to make sense that you should be able to use either the AMSOIL EaOM103C or EaOM103 in place of the Honda 15010-MCE-H51.

I would like to state that this is not advice to be taken as approved and acceptable. I am merely stating what I found and waiting to see if the experts (cough, cough) want to chime in.

Regards,
Mark

Who does sell the amsoil and filters? I know someone on this forum is a seller...

I have found the best approach is to sign up as a preferred customer and buy at dealer prices. I buy for friends locally, but re-shipping is probably not economical. I don't know if they would let me ship to a third party or not, never tried that.

Back