• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thank God for combined ABS!

Our horn sucks! It needs to reach out and choke him! :cool:

How about a 2 megawatt phazor to turn them into neutrinos? Or maybe pass him close at 60 mph and give him a little cheek slap.

OK, back to reality. I did fix my horn and put a 3-piston ABS caliper on my non-ABS bike. I humor myself by sliding the front sometimes.

I still practice locking and releasing the front nearly every ride on the NC700X in order to muscle train the response. The braking is a bit different from my ST1300 and I have to train my brain for the difference. The two caliper 700X is easy enough to lock much less three.

I still practice locking and releasing the front nearly every ride on the NC700X in order to muscle train the response. The braking is a bit different from my ST1300 and I have to train my brain for the difference. The two caliper 700X is easy enough to lock much less three.

I also lock my front frequently to stay practiced. I find you have about one second before it turns in on you. That is plenty of time to react if you are on top of it. You can immediately re-apply it once you release. I don't find the 2-pot caliper easy to lock up on dry streets. Wet or gravel, yes.

I guess easy is a relative term.

When the chips are down and you haven't practiced emergency braking to the threshold of lock up, then it's likely you have no chance to get it right when it really matters. That's all I have to say about it. ABS is a wonderful thing but even ABS riders can benefit from frequent threshold braking practice so they don't engage the ABS before maximum weight transfer.

Hell guy ,,I do,nt how you would make out in London,,there are people stepping out all the time,,,,why not just go around him,,its not such a big deal....

A few years back i had a guy with a 6 pack of beer walk in front of me at night in a curve i hit him.... my hand broke the bottles beer and glass went everywhere down he went i thought his head exploded.........broke my windshield and snapped off the mirror.

Went i turned around and went back , there was a party going on the cops were there....long story he was fine and charged with being drunk and had to pay to fix my bike. I had a very sore hand for weeks!!

A few years back i had a guy with a 6 pack of beer walk in front of me at night in a curve i hit him.... my hand broke the bottles beer and glass went everywhere down he went i thought his head exploded.........broke my windshield and snapped off the mirror.

Went i turned around and went back , there was a party going on the cops were there....long story he was fine and charged with being drunk and had to pay to fix my bike. I had a very sore hand for weeks!!

A good testimony of the need for heavy handguards with two points of attachment.

Do the handguards really protect against hitting people/deer/animals, or just against twigs and bushes in the forest?
:p

Merry Christmas, Lee.

That i why I said "heavy". If they have a sturdy aluminum backbone and are properly attached at the handlebar end with at least a 6mm bolt and with a clamp to the handlebar, then they will protect against most anything you hit. The bars will deflect before the guard caves in.

When it come to ABS I use a method I picked up when I was racing ATV's. I just use two or three fingers to brake with. I find out how many fingers it takes to lock the front tire and just train my brain to use one less. I raced for many years so this is a reflex action for me. Might not work for everybody.

Back