• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmet Support Collars

Jai Shukla

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone on the forum use helmet support collar? Does if affect the safety performance of helmets?

Was wondering that it might be quite useful on long rides by allowing the load sharing of helmet by the shoulders..

Thanks

I've never seen those used by street riders, only the occasional dirt biker, and those were usually kids. And even then, it's kinda rare, specially now with all the neck braces like the Leatt on the market. Shouldn't have any effect on the helmet doing its job in a crash though, it's only a piece of foam.

Number of companies sell neck braces, but I have never seen a comfortable neck brace. If you think your riding suit is uncomfortable in the summer months, put on a neck brace.

I made one and use it when riding on the highway. I wear it, not for safety, but to quieten the ride. Allot of the noise to a rider is from turbulent air under the helmet. The foam collar blocks that area, resulting in a much quieter ride.

Thanks you all

I made one and use it when riding on the highway. I wear it, not for safety, but to quieten the ride. Allot of the noise to a rider is from turbulent air under the helmet. The foam collar blocks that area, resulting in a much quieter ride.

Will try one, now that I know that it does not affect the performance

Back