• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need plastics/handle bolts torque

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
this week-end I'veplanned to dismount all the plastics and make some little works on my NC (alarm, 12v outlet ecc...)
Can you please give me the right Nm for the bolts that I'll find? es: the passenger handles ecc...

Hi guys,
this week-end I'veplanned to dismount all the plastics and make some little works on my NC (alarm, 12v outlet ecc...)
Can you please give me the right Nm for the bolts that I'll find? es: the passenger handles ecc...

Not many of them have specified torques. The tapping screws into plastic that hold the two halves of the seat cowl together are 0.9 N-m. Otherwise, I'd use the standard torques by fastener size. Here is the complete list:

5mm screw = 4.2 N-m
5mm bolt and nut = 5.2 N-m
6mm screw = 9.0 N-m
6mm bolt and nut = 10 N-m
6mm flange bolt and nut = 12 N-m
8mm bolt and nut = 22 N-m
8mm flange bolt and nut = 27 N-m
10mm bolt and nut = 34 N-m
10mm flange bolt and nut = 39 N-m
12mm bolt and nut = 54 N-m

ETA 04 OCt 2012: I guess everyone knows, but for clarity, I'll add that a "flange bolt" is a hex head bolt with a built-on washer (also sometimes called a "Washer head bolt".

Last edited:
Back