• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Bought This and It's Going Back

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The visor would hit the beak when fully open and I had to massive pressure points on each temple from a badly designed seam. Very disappointing for a $600 helmet.

Nolan Xlite X-551
nola_x551.jpg

Helmets are hard to fit, as all the manufacture helmets size charts are different, and the basic shape of the manufacture helmets are also different. I have had the same experience with the Nolan helmets. They are tight around the front to keep wind out. The rounder the basic helmet shell the more wind noise, but the more comfort. It all comes down to the shape of your head and the shape of the manufacture's helmet. Hard to buy a helmet that fits you on-line. Try it on at store first, then order on-line if a big price difference.

Helmets are hard to fit, as all the manufacture helmets size charts are different, and the basic shape of the manufacture helmets are also different. I have had the same experience with the Nolan helmets. They are tight around the front to keep wind out. The rounder the basic helmet shell the more wind noise, but the more comfort. It all comes down to the shape of your head and the shape of the manufacture's helmet. Hard to buy a helmet that fits you on-line. Try it on at store first, then order on-line if a big price difference.

I live in a remote location so there are no places to try on quality helmets. The helmet actually fit my head quite well but for some reason they placed a thick seam right on the temple. If you place the beak in the most downward position the visor hits and you can only open it half way. These are unacceptable in a helmet that's north of $600 bucks.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Helmets are an interesting fit, even within the same brand name. I tried a Nolan 103 and it had a very tight fit and the sun visor hit my nose when I dropped it down. But my Nolan N90 works very well. I envy those who live in larger cities where they can try on many different makes and models of helmets before they purchase. Hope you find a helmet that works well for you.

If you wear a size helmet over 2x that is very hard to find, as most retailers do not carry them in stock. I do not like buying a new helmet, as it is always a first class pain. Good luck in your search. I don't believe there is a good answer, especially if you have to factor in a communication system also.

Back