• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Tyres?

Welsh Nomad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ,
My NC750X has done a little over 2000 miles now but the original fit tyres (Dunlop Trailmax) are very nearly down to the wear bars. Not much point in having a bike that will do 80mpg (UK) if the tyres are so soft that they wear out every 2 months. Anybody out there run other makes? What sort of mileage are you getting?

As the bike is used on the road I was thinking of using a road biased tyre, maybe an Avon Storm Ultra or whatever the latest version is.

My Deauville was a heavier bike and that used to give me 7-10k miles to the back tyre.

Mike

Ive got the Avon Ultra Storm 2's, I've done almost 2000 miles on them and they show no signs of wear, unlike the dunlop Cheesemaxs.

I got mine replaced by the dealer, Honda wouldn't replace them under warranty but the dealer supplied and fitted them for £100, which I thought was fair.

As for the Avons themselves, I had them on a Suzuki RF900 (two sets) and loved them, that's why I chose them for the NC, I had concerns about putting them on a bike with completely different ergonomics but my concerns were unwarranted, they are great on the NC, very grippy and they turn in better too.

When they've worn out ill buy another pair for sure.

Hope that helps. :)

I've got the Avon Ultra Storm 2's, I've done almost 2000 miles on them and they show no signs of wear...

As for the Avons themselves, I had them on a Suzuki RF900 (two sets) and loved them, that's why I chose them for the NC, I had concerns about putting them on a bike with completely different ergonomics but my concerns were unwarranted, they are great on the NC, very grippy and they turn in better too.

The Avon Storm tires are awesome. Ran a couple sets of Storm 2 Ultras on my ST1300. Just put Avon Storm 3D XMs on the NC, front and rear. That, plus a couple of suspension mods, and now this things takes twisties like a motard. :cool:

I tried PR3's and they are excellent tyres. However I am currently trying Bridgestone T30's. I have not put much mileage on just yet, but so far so good. I moved to the BS's as they are better priced here.

I'm running the PR4's and coming close to 12,000 miles. Still have not hit the wear bar but getting very very close. I'm half tempted to stay with this tire. The BT-023s only made it 8,000 miles on same exact roads.

Umm......What mileage do you generally get out of them Strat?

I had a post on the calculated mileage for Continentals on the first pair. Those went about 12K, as I recall.
the current set will do better, so without looking at my service record on tires (i do keep one), I would say 12 to 15K.

I worn the rear Dunlop Trailmax out on my NC750X DCT in 1241 Miles!
Mainly Motorway (Highway) use which didn't help.
Dealer replaced both tyres with Pirelli Scorpion that Honda recommend under warranty.
Some dealers will replace with the tyre of your choice if you pay the difference :)

Andy

Back