• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hill Country ADV ride

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a 1200 mile ride to the Texas Hill Country. We had 4 days of near perfect weather and the roads were, as per usual, fantastic! We rode a nice mix of paved and unpaved roads with water crossings. We camped by the Guadalupe River the first night. My old bones didn't take to that very well, but it was fun. The next two nights were spent in a cabin which allowed me much needed rest! The big rally in Galveston meant that we had the roads mostly to ourselves. The Honda did very good and the new Sargent seat was a nice improvement! The mornings were ususally around 45-50F and warmed up to the mid 70's in the afternoon. Not a drop of rain, but kinda windy coming home Monday.

Here's a couple of vids that I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5giu9rotQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzBWa3KBos

Nice videos, thanks for sharing. I didn't know there were that many trees in Texas!

Nice videos, thanks for sharing. I didn't know there were that many trees in Texas!

That was my first thought (on my way down to Galveston years ago) as well! I was expecting something along the lines of more Coyote and Roadrunner type scenery, similar to southern Utah/Arizona/New Mexico etc., and upon crossing into northern Texas, "Trees! Green! Texas has rolling hills, greenery and trees! Who knew! :confused: :eek:

:D

Yes, lotsa trees and they actually get some nice fall colors out there too. We were out there a little early for that.
Glad you enjoyed!

That was my first thought (on my way down to Galveston years ago) as well! I was expecting something along the lines of more Coyote and Roadrunner type scenery, similar to southern Utah/Arizona/New Mexico etc., and upon crossing into northern Texas, "Trees! Green! Texas has rolling hills, greenery and trees! Who knew! :confused: :eek:

:D

Well, we're not as big as Alaska, but the four directional borders (N,S,E,W) offer completely different weather and landscape. In a nutshell, East Texas along the Louisiana border has the tall pine forests and some rolling hills with a mix of swampland here and there & a lot of rainfall with fairly mild temps. To the north (panhandle area) is dry and basically flat with a few canyons around Amarillo that gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Out west is basically a desert with mountains running through the Big Bend area. Down south is mostly a coastal plain area near the coast with flat land and plenty of rainfall and mild temps. Central Texas is the Hill Country and where the videos were shot...almost heaven!!!
If you're traveling I-10 thru Texas it's about 900 miles from border to border (east and west). There's a mileage sign just inside the eastern border that reads El Paso 879 miles...kinda discouraging if you're going that far!

Well, we're not as big as Alaska, but the four directional borders (N,S,E,W) offer completely different weather and landscape. In a nutshell, East Texas along the Louisiana border has the tall pine forests and some rolling hills with a mix of swampland here and there & a lot of rainfall with fairly mild temps. To the north (panhandle area) is dry and basically flat with a few canyons around Amarillo that gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Out west is basically a desert with mountains running through the Big Bend area. Down south is mostly a coastal plain area near the coast with flat land and plenty of rainfall and mild temps. Central Texas is the Hill Country and where the videos were shot...almost heaven!!!
If you're traveling I-10 thru Texas it's about 900 miles from border to border (east and west). There's a mileage sign just inside the eastern border that reads El Paso 879 miles...kinda discouraging if you're going that far!

Aside from the death hot versus death cold thing going on lol, it's kinda like BC in a way- quite a few really varied landscapes and distinctly different zones. :cool:

Back