• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vintage British Motorcycles

T

Tim Clynes

I took a run up to Carlisle, Cumbria UK, to view a private collection of mainly British Vintage Motorcycles in MId-October.

I felt privileged to be shown around by a very unassuming and humble blacksmith who has restored this collection over many years.

He still faces at the Isle of Man TT on his side car outfit, and had some great old MV Augusta and Ducati machines.

The star, for my, was the BSA and as yet unrestored Douglas, if you are ever thinking of heading that way PM me, I'll forward his details;

imagejpg1_zps054783f3.jpg

imagejpg1_zps6857d7fe.jpg

imagejpg3_zps9586d335.jpg

imagejpg2_zps585f8069.jpg

I was at the Hansen Dam Ride in Lake View Terrace, CA which is the largest Vintage British Bike Rally in SoCal on this past Sunday. Hansen Dam Ride Post.

This ride was open all makes, models, and riders of various riding skills. I was there with NaNCy and she got a lot of attention within a few minutes of me arriving.

Seeing bikes in a museum is quite different than meeting the people that own and ride them. Don't get me wrong, museums are "Cool" and are important to the preservation of these engineering marvels. These bikes were all intended to be used for their intended purposes, to be ridden.

The Lone Star motorcycle museum at 36517 Hwy 187 North, Vanderpool, Texas (on the Three Twisted Sisters) is owned by a young fellow who has rebuilt all the vintage British motorcycles himself, as he is a retired British machinist from Texas City, Texas.

He is open in most of the summer months, as the rest of the time Alex is racing or watching those vintage British motorcycles race.

Racing

Last edited:
Back