• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda True Adventure

This will only fuel the criticism that the NC 700 is not a real adventure bike. It probably isn't. It's a great touring bike or a great commuter bike I would say.

Definitely entry level for the price, which I like very much.

I like that Honda is getting into the ADV market with both feet. Having said that, I'm not a single track ADV rider. Wish I was but that has not been my experience. The NC does what it was designed to do, and it does it well IMHO. And it fits me just fine and I'm not giving it up:cool:

I get the big adventure bikes for most types riding-they're kind of like spiritual descendants of the old Japanese standard bikes from the 70's/80's. You can do pretty much anything with them. But for the riders that actually want to do a lot of off-road riding, I wish the manufacturers would spend more time on the DUAL-PURPOSE bikes (besides the updated 250's) they already have in their lineup. I'll gladly have another KLR650 or a DR650 when they bring either one into the 21st century.

Last edited:
They know how to wet the whistle! Just a peek to peak your interest!

Peek to peak? What about pique?

PIQUE

verb
stimulate (interest or curiosity).
"you have piqued my curiosity about the man"

synonyms: stimulate, arouse, rouse, provoke, whet, awaken, excite, kindle, stir, galvanize
"his curiosity was piqued"

I am just to old to ride a true adventure bike anymore. The parts of my body that never got twisted are now starting to twist. So, I will just keep on keeping on with my NC700. Most of the time a street motorcycle, but some slow-slow-slow dirt bike.

Peek to peak? What about pique?

PIQUE

verb
stimulate (interest or curiosity).
"you have piqued my curiosity about the man"

synonyms: stimulate, arouse, rouse, provoke, whet, awaken, excite, kindle, stir, galvanize
"his curiosity was piqued"

Thanks, I'm usually pretty good with English as a first language. I don't think I've ever actually written the word.
Now, I will.....piqued.....there now, it is in the lexicon of ME.

I was thinking the peak as in the top of, or the highest point of (interest).
Still, you are correct, sir!

no news of course.

I was hoping that this new ADV MC would have a very similar design to the NCX.

The NC platform is a winner.

Good torque
Low COG
87 OCTANE (cheap Petrol).
8,000 miles between value checks. And easy to get to!

I was hoping on the same displacement 670-700cc, just a lighter engine and frame. So it would be a little more buzzy, but still smoother than a thumper.

Rpm red line would be 8,000 tops. 6th gear would be really really tall.

Engine is a little more up right, but still access to the valve check..
You could get 15 liters of fuel over the tank, and about the same in the rear as the current version. Not sure about the battery now. ;) maybe it would need to be a really small one.
21" tyre could fit with plenty of travel. 7.5-8.0"

6-7 gallons of fuel on board. 300-350+ miles easy.
Still under 500lbs. Maybe 475lbs.

It should be marketed as an exploration transpo. Not an ADV MC.
The marketing and advertisment strategy would have Honda giving the MC to Police and other services that need to go deep into the woods or desert for their job. Think Wilderess Rescue. Idaho and Oregon.

It would be 100 lbs lighter than the RGS and S10, but be able to stay in the field without resupply of fuel for a much longer distanc.
The exploration angle would work. Honda could focus on functionality and self reliance over breaking the 100hp mark.
The price would be around $10,000.

The current project MC looks to be in the Truimph Tiger 800XCX - KTM 950 side of the house.
lots of horse power, so junk fuel economy which limits range and adds mass, and increases cost to hide the mass. No thanks.

Last edited:
If we could just get Honda to make the old KTM 990 ....

Imho KTM copied the Africa Twin when they brought out the 950 Adventure, subsequently to become a 990. If you compare both bikes they are very similar apart from more HP and more adjustable suspension.

Predictions.

450-500lbs
85-100HP
Premium fuel
200-250 mile range

The brand new Tiger 800XCX would be a good MC to compare her two.
T

At best it will be less weight than the Tiger800XCX and be $1,000 less. So a MSRP of $12,499. 466lbs.
I think Honda would have a winner. I think a good amount of riders would be interested in a V2 like MC that has a 21" tyre, 2 more inches of travel, and about 40lbs lighter while matching displacement. Ohh, and being $500- 1,500 less.

I hope she is about 800cc. But HP sales ADV MCs.

Last edited:
The bike they showed didn't have a Shift Lever at the left Foot peg & also didn't have a Clutch Lever!! ��

The bike was sitting between the Dakar Africa Twin & the new Rally 450 at the show!! The Feature Video showed the bike "At Speed" in the Desert!!

I'm liking what I'm seeing, , , , just hope it makes it to the U.S. Market!!

The bike they showed didn't have a Shift Lever at the left Foot peg & also didn't have a Clutch Lever!! ��

The bike was sitting between the Dakar Africa Twin & the new Rally 450 at the show!! The Feature Video showed the bike "At Speed" in the Desert!!

I'm liking what I'm seeing, , , , just hope it makes it to the U.S. Market!!

I've seen two different versions of the True Adventure, one with a clutch lever and one without. I hope they both make it here, too.

Back