• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Day Trips From Winchester Virginia?

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am heading to Winchester, VA the second week in November. My wife has to work Tuesday through Thursday, Nov 11 - 13, so I will trailer my NC and do some riding when she is at work.

I have ridden around there a little and lots of great roads in the area.

Any suggestions on what I should consider for one or more day trips?

There's a loop of about 75 miles, from where I live, into Berkeley Springs and back over the mountain from the Virginia side to return to WV. Where I would turn up the mountain to head home, you could continue south on 522 to head back into VA. I have the 11th and 12th off work, so if you like, we could meet somewhere in Winchester and go from there. Maybe pick up lunch at Cacapon State Park. If you want riding company that is!

There's a loop of about 75 miles, from where I live, into Berkeley Springs and back over the mountain from the Virginia side to return to WV. Where I would turn up the mountain to head home, you could continue south on 522 to head back into VA. I have the 11th and 12th off work, so if you like, we could meet somewhere in Winchester and go from there. Maybe pick up lunch at Cacapon State Park. If you want riding company that is!

Sounds like the start of a good plan. :)

Hopefully there'll still be some leaves on the trees and the weather will cooperate. Will you be anywhere near the Costco on Front Royal Pike? We could meet there, gas up if necessary, and head out. Or if you can think of a better place, let me know.

If Skyline drive wasn't $10 and so slow (max 35mph for 100 miles), I would recommend it; the view of the Shenandoah Valley from up there is great but the speed is so boring.

I've done the Skyline a couple times. Fudged a bit on the speed. Also have a senior pass to not pay the toll. I like Cyclerosis idea of crossing over into West Virginia. Almost every road I have been on in that state is a good ride.

Hopefully there'll still be some leaves on the trees and the weather will cooperate. Will you be anywhere near the Costco on Front Royal Pike? We could meet there, gas up if necessary, and head out. Or if you can think of a better place, let me know.

Sent a PM with cell number to arrange specific details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back