• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Motorcycle, a Man, and a Macanudo

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's really about my fall camping getaway in eastern Oklahoma. I've been camping at least once a year in the Ouachita National Forest every year since 1974. I found this spot in the Ouachita a couple of years ago. It won't appeal to everyone -but then, what does. It's my get-away spot for 3 years now. There's only hunters out there at this time of the year. They left after the first night, so I didn't see a soul for 2 days and nights while in the woods. Perfect for a get-away!
I met two forum members on my trip. This is a great forum with real people.
First up was mwcogburn. We had a great breakfast at IHOP then he rode with me all the way up to my camp spot. We had beautiful weather to ride!
Me on the left, Marc on the right-
DSCN0770.jpg

Three Sticks -represents wood,water and fire
DSCN0775.jpg

Traffic was terrible!
DSCN0777.jpg

The campsite
DSCN0779.jpg

Red meat, French pressed coffee and a Macanudo, life could be worse!
DSCN0789.jpg

Next are some pictures of Robbers Cave State Park -no splaininations
DSCN0808.jpg
DSCN0811.jpg
DSCN0826.jpg
DSCN0827.jpg
DSCN0820.jpg

And ALWAYS leave the campsite cleaner than you find it!
DSCN0844.jpg

In college I got myself stuck while rock climbing at Robbers Cave. Why no splaininations. It was basically a hideout where the old time bank robbers would camp after a robbery. Remember, it was Indian Teri tory so if they got there they had gotten awsy.

It's really about my fall camping getaway in eastern Oklahoma. I've been camping at least once a year in the Ouachita National Forest every year since 1974.

Wow, that nearly the length is time I've been in existence. Looks like you had fun, I would've...

Congrats to you getting at least one other NC700X rider to accompany you on a ride/trip. I've been trying myself for several of my planned rides with little to no luck.

It seems that all the local riders in my area are like reclusive spiders. People know that they exist, but are hardly seen. :(

Matt- It would be my pleasure!
Marc- No splainanations because I was in our church office and didn't really have time. You could write a book about that place!
I have more pictures to come and one of EdUp and me. I actually made the post and lost it because I previewed it and forgot it was on preview and shut down the computer- Doh!

Great pix and looks/sounds like you had a super time. Not a huge fan of camping anymore but it sure looks like you had all the right gear and provisions.

This is EdUp and me outside the Heavener Runestone. Purportedly some viking runes. It was featured on "America Unearthed" I saw the show earlier this year and wanted to see it. Ed rode with me from Poteau to the runes. Now, for the unitiated (thanks for the intiation, Ed!) it is pronounced hEEvner and pOtoe. I have a pic of the runes which were discovered in 1830. The runes are on a rock that's about 12' high the runes are around 5"-6" tall.

photo 2.jpg
DSCN0788.jpg

So, I've seen this place at 65 mph for 3 years now and decided to stop and check it out. Glad I did! I just wanted to take some pics of the brick work but found an almost forgotten little dedication to the Lord. I will keeep it alive a bit longer. It's on Hwy.63W between Hwy 259N and Talihina
DSCN0838.jpg
The amount of work that went into this place is amazing. What you can't see is the walkways that have engravings in them. It was a great place of prayer and solitude (right on the highway- such as it is).
DSCN0840.jpg

This was the fence in the front. This is about half. The other half looks like a car took out. As I said, the brick work was great - My uncles made their living laying brick and would have appreciated this.
DSCN0841.jpg

Self explanatory
DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

This is a good pic to end with.
DSCN0834.jpg

Last edited:
Back