• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The NC700X....Gone but not forgotten

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and brought a Triumph Tiger 800 home today. I didn't really want to but the deal including trading the NC. Only room for two motorcycles and one woman in my life. The NC was a great bike for nearly 30,000 miles and I'll miss it.

I stripped all my farkles off the NC so I have some stuff to list in the For Sale section...a brand new Sargent seat, a pair of Givi pannier racks, the arms and base to mount a Givi too case, and a set of Cogent Dynamic Drop In cartridge emulators for the forks.

The new ride wails with the 799cc triple. My gas mileage is going to take a hit.

imagejpg1_zps7a6f9526.jpg
[/URL]

I pulled the trigger and brought a Triumph Tiger 800 home today. I didn't really want to but the deal including trading the NC. Only room for two motorcycles and one woman in my life. The NC was a great bike for nearly 30,000 miles and I'll miss it.

I stripped all my farkles off the NC so I have some stuff to list in the For Sale section...a brand new Sargent seat, a pair of Givi pannier racks, the arms and base to mount a Givi too case, and a set of Cogent Dynamic Drop In cartridge emulators for the forks.

The new ride wails with the 799cc triple. My gas mileage is going to take a hit.

Congrats on the new bike !!!
I may be interested in some of your "farkles" !!! Will to ship NORTH ???

Congrats! I liked the looks of the Triumph but our local Yamaha dealer
would not let us test ride any bikes. So never went back there.

Almost 36K on my 2012 Roadie. It is a great bike Dave and is as versatile a bike as any I have owned.With the MRA windscreen and Sargent seat Donna reeled off 4K+ miles in just over a week on mine and kept up with our group's big engined Sport Tourers no problem. I drove it up to Canada on one leg in some 50ish degree weather and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Bridgestone T30s are perfect for the bike after you acclimate to the falling-in feel. The stock Pirelli Scorpions are vague and somewhat slow turning compared to a Michelin PR4 or T30 choices so expect the handling to feel different. Plush suspension for the weight of the bike and a very smooth engine, especially after going up one tooth on the front.

Enjoy and head on up to the mountains soon. We have room.

KEB

Dave, you're the last person I thought would sell out, but hey, enjoy your new ride! Did the scooter have to go, too?

Conrats on the bike! I've never seen one in person but have read several good reviews. I like the fact that it has an adjustable seat. And more power of course. :rolleyes:

I too will miss your input.
Congrats on the new bike.
A riding buddy here has a 2013 and really likes it except for the OEM pannier mounts.
Good luck!

Nice choice,I hear nothing but good things about the tigers.I wonder how many times you will reach for the back seat at a gas station at first?enjoy the new ride.

Moving on up! (Except for gas mileage). Enjoy the ride, it was my first choice when I started looking (second was the wee-strom) but the NC won out .(because the guy sold the green triple I was looking at, fully loaded for $4500 - imagine that!)

Congratulations on the new ride. I just want you to know that during my long road back to health I always looked forward to reading your posts. I learned a lot from you.

Back