• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saturday morning ride

tapsak4

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the NC for less than a week - so I had to get riding this morning :)

App 100 mile trip along some of the oldest roads in Finland - see map and the photo of the sign.

There are a number of old iron mills rather close by to our house so I planned my trip so that I "visited" three of them.

Unfortunately I don't have a GoPro or anything like that - yet - so not too many photos. You can still check out the locations on the net, if you so wish.

The first iron mill / manor house was Fagervik. Fagervik Gård. Just choose the English version.

The next one was Billnäs and then Fiskars. Just google them if you're interested.

Most of the roads I took are small, but paved. 40-50 MPH.

I really enjoyd the ride.

Kind regards,

/T

Attachments

• reitti 164km.jpg
    reitti 164km.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 158
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 179
  • fagervik summer cafe.jpg
    fagervik summer cafe.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 197
  • fall.jpg
    fall.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 203
  • old housing.jpg
    old housing.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 241
  • lake view.jpg
    lake view.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 175
Nothing like early rides before the masses clog up the roads. Looks like your autumn colours are not quite as advanced as ours. We have just a touch more around the Toronto area here. Plan on getting out this long weekend but our morning temps are only 1-2 C.

Ah, Fiskars. Like the scissors. Nice photos, looks a bit like Vermont, especially the last one of a two lane blacktop with a fog line.

Thanks guys, all of you.

Yeah, the scissors are still made there in the area (in Billnäs, I think)!

Just came back from another ride. It was dusk just a while ago. A deer family of four were standing in the middle of the road, just looking at me w/o moving an inch. I switched the hazard lights on immediately when I saw them to warn the traffic behind me. I already had my left foot off the peg, ready to stop when they decided to move just enough to let the traffic past them :D.

Half of the deer / moose accidents here happen within an hours time window from sunset.

Ride safely,

Tapani

Nothing like early rides before the masses clog up the roads. Looks like your autumn colours are not quite as advanced as ours. We have just a touch more around the Toronto area here. Plan on getting out this long weekend but our morning temps are only 1-2 C.

Well, the aspens and mountain ash are "over" already. Birches have lost most of their leaves.... I am sure you agree that the maples are the most beautiful ones, yeah ;-)?

Here's the only one we have on our yard - just a small one we actually planted.

/T

Attachments

• maple.jpg
    maple.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 176
Back