• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The new FJR is undergoing its transformation

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the new FJR has been in the garage now for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately the 53 mile ride back from the dealer has been about the only seat time I have gotten. Busy work travel schedule lately has seriously impacted my farkle/riding time. Nonetheless the transformation has begun.

So far I have been able to add:

Cee-Bailey's Windshield and Headlight Guards
Frame Sliders
Fenda Extenda
Grip Puppies
Swapped the Russell seat and 2 Bros. exhaust from my old FJR as well as the Ventura Luggage racks and a few Ram Mounts. Oh and the Pazzo levers.

Yesterday I spent almost all day removing all the electrical accessories, Fuze Block and supplemental wiring from the old FJR. GPS, LED Driving lights, Garage door opener (hardwired), Back-Off brake light module and Red LED license plate frame, Powerlet plugs and heated gear harness. These will all eventually make it onto the new bike. The old FJR is now mostly back to stock except for the items that won't transfer over and will be going up on the auction block soon.

Here is the new scoot in its current state of dress:

14FJR_zps1ead6f7a.jpg

Great looking scoot Silver! I traded my '06 FJR for my new 700XD. The FJR was a great ride. How do you like the cruise?

Rich

Thanks! Well I only engaged it 2-3 times on my ride back from the dealer but it was very cool to have cruise rather than just a throttle lock. I think I will like it a lot. I was however most impressed with whatever they did to the transmission. My '08 was always a very clunky shifter and this one is butter smooth. I had to actually look at the gear indicator to make sure it went into 1st gear as there is just a little almost imperceptible "snick" sound.

Congrats on a new FJR! I'm not a fan of red, but that is a beautiful color on that bike.

As you may remember, I have an FJR also that's sitting next to the NC700 and a Honda Shadow (son's bike) in my garage. I sure like all the improvements that Yamaha has made on the newest generation FJR and will own one one day. But I can't even consider upgrading my 2007 FJR because it only has 90,000 miles on it and I gotta at least take it over 100k so I can cross that off my bucket list. Heck, maybe I'll just keep it so I can also cross the 200,000 mile bike off the bucket list also! ;)

Back