• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Newbie Needing Boots!

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am taking a rider training course in a couple of weeks and need some advise on riding boots. I should be getting a CX700X very soon after completing the course and will be riding it on a 30 miles daily commute with 1 mile of gravel each way.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

belrix

First, I agree with getting good shin and ankle protection. Second, choose a style you like (mid vs. tall, clean vs. aggressive design and so on). Third, have a price range in mind (boots can get super expensive). Fourth, get a boot that fits -your- feet. Fifth, try on lots of boots (if you can).

In the end, you want boots that feel comfortable and don't bind, pinch or hurt in any way. No matter how attached you may get to the look or price of a boot before you try them, have an open mind. The boots you want might fit wonderfully, or they might be totally uncomfortable.

It's really a balance of the type of boot you like, the price you want to spend and the fit.

Personally, I wear a pair of Tour Master Solution 2 WP boots. They are a great value (around $120 US) and work very well for me.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! I live in a pretty rural area and selection is limited, most riders around here were square-steel toed cowboy boots!

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! I live in a pretty rural area and selection is limited, most riders around here were square-steel toed cowboy boots!

That is what I was wearing when I banged my ankle. No ankle protection from impact. Not a scratch on boot leather. Couldn't walk for 2 weeks and consider myself lucky nothing broken.

I want:
-Ankle impact protection
-Shin impact protection
-Some sort of overlay to protect the boot from wearing through on the shifter
-Enough adjustability to let me tuck in my leathers, or wear my 1-piece textile suit over the top of them
-Support against sprains in the case of a crash
-Easy/quick on & off

I understand very well the challenges of living in a place where local selection is limited (or non-existent). That's where I was when I got my first set(s) of m/c gear, including my boots. I had little choice but to mail order my boots, though I did it through a local dealer. I'm pleased with my XPD boots (Spidi's boot line). The 'fit in' better with the sport bike I had when I bought them, but I'm not terribly concerned about the looks since I have confidence in their protection (they're CE Level 2 certified).

I ran by the Harley dealer on an extended lunch break and they have some nice lace-up boots which I like, didn't have my size but new shipment coming in this week!

+1 on the Tourmaster Solution 2 boots, if they fit your feet. I really like mine.

Listening to Fuzzy's advice and several on-line reviews, I went with the Tourmaster Soultion Air WP boots. I think they are very close to the Solution 2 boots. Tourmaster makes a wide, unlike most manufacturers. That was also a big plus. Got them from Revzilla in three days and they fit. All is good.

Listening to Fuzzy's advice and several on-line reviews, I went with the Tourmaster Soultion Air WP boots. I think they are very close to the Solution 2 boots. Tourmaster makes a wide, unlike most manufacturers. That was also a big plus. Got them from Revzilla in three days and they fit. All is good.

It is good they make a wide. I have a narrow foot and my standard width fit well.

What is the difference between the Solutions 2 boot and the Solutions WP air boot? They are exactly the same price. The reviews are a bit better for the Solutions 2 boots on Competions Accesories website. Confusing? :confused:

I went with the air because I live in Florida and I was afraid my feet would poach in a boot that didn't have some air flow. And honestly, at 45 MPH and above, I can feel a little air flow. In those few days of winter we get here, well... I'll see what they are like then.

I just bought a pair of Aeromoto waterproof boots from Competition Acc. and found out during a rainstorm they aren't waterproof. I ended sending them back and purchased the Solutions WP air boots. Even though I live in a colder climate in spring and fall I didn't want a warm summer boot. Will see how they do.

Back