• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member, new owner

Welsh Nomad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Picked up my NC750XA on Monday 29th Sept. Only done 92 miles on it so far so still bedding in the tyres and brakes. Today my panniers and rack assemblies arrived so I have been busy fitting them to the bike. Looks awesome now. Shame Honda couldn't have sprung for a centre stand as standard though.
The bike replaces my Deauville which has just under 65000 miles on the clock. I put 50000 of these on there in just over 4 years so I expect to do the same sort of mileage on the NC.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down
Mike
P.S. I'll sort out my Fuelly when I have done a fillup.

Hi Mike and welcome along from Kent.

I've also owned a Deauvile, it was my first bike and had 89,000 miles on it when I bought it!
When I sold it the mileage was up to 105,000 odd miles. One of the reasons I now own a Honda again.

Great underestimated bike is the Deauville.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that you'll love your new NC, even after just 92 miles.
I've done just over 5,000 on mine since January, and every mile has been at the very least a pleasure, at best, massive grin inducement, enjoy. :)

Hi Guys,
Picked up my NC750XA on Monday 29th Sept.
Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down
Mike
P.S. I'll sort out my Fuelly when I have done a fillup.

If I were there, we could ride along the water in Swansea and maybe stop for tea at "Betty's".
Is Betty's still there? (It was a famous place for high tea...once upon a time.)

Hi Guys,
Picked up my NC750XA on Monday 29th Sept. Only done 92 miles on it so far so still bedding in the tyres and brakes.

CONGRATS on the bike!!! Greetings from SoCal...

We here in the US do not have or will likely be getting the NC750X anytime soon. I would be curious to know the difference between the 2 bikes.

Let the "Farkling" begin.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 253
Congrats and welcome to the club. I picked up a NC750S in March and had a great summer riding it.
Now factor in that i only ride the NC on warm sunny weekends. I will probably end this season at over
11k km. That is almost double what i did on my former Ninja 650 in the same period.

the only mods i did on my NC was a centre stand. larger windscreen and engine guard. Getting amazing gas mileage on this bike
i filled up in Squamish BC. rode to downtown Vancouver (~110km) Then next day rode from downtown Vancouver to Hope BC (~140km)
I filled up in Hope and put in 7.2L

If I were there, we could ride along the water in Swansea and maybe stop for tea at "Betty's".
Is Betty's still there? (It was a famous place for high tea...once upon a time.)

Sorry but Swansea is 50 miles from where I live and I only ever go through the place these days.

I did a 270 mile ride yesterday and used 14.9 litres of fuel. That worked out at 81MPG which is astounding. The ride consisted of mixed motorway/A roads with speeds varying from 50-70 MPH. Heavy rain in the morning sunshine in the afternoon. I am well pleased as the bike is well balanced and much easier to throw about than the Deauville it replaced. I also don't get as many pins and needles in the hands as I did with the Deauville. This I think is down to the riding position and not having so much weight on my wrists. The saddle is not quite as comfortable though but hour and half stints are OK.

I take it that farkling is adding accessories and modifying to your needs.

Back