• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Would You Buy Black?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for a Klim Latitude jacket size medium in grey and everyone is sold out. Even tried to source one from the manufacturer and they told me they would be back in stock in Feb. I finally found one out in Washington State but the colour is black. The retailer said he would sell the jacket to me for $439. Regular price is $479 and he also offered me a discount on the pants. So the question is would you buy the black jacket now and save around $80 (pants and jacket) or would you wait until February and get the grey? Would the black cook you during the summer month?

I have black jacket and over pants. At nights, I do wear a safety vest over my jacket so I can be seen easier.
My riding suit is grey with hi vis stripe along the side and the shoulders.

The black can get kinda hot if your stuck in traffic, but most important is the safety factor at night.

I have avoided black like the plague in my climate. Where you are, I wouldn't worry about it, OP. That said, we all acclimate to where we live, so perhaps it's the same for you as me, relatively speaking? Meaning you'd hate black where you live, as much as I hate it where I live? IDK for sure.

Thanks for all the advice. I do live in a colder climate but I tour in the summer and hit heat in the 90's. I also take my bike to Florida once a year in the winter.

So Klim grey it is, would hate buying $800 worth of clothing to find it was too warm.

Thanks for all the advice. I do live in a colder climate but I tour in the summer and hit heat in the 90's. I also take my bike to Florida once a year in the winter.

So Klim grey it is, would hate buying $800 worth of clothing to find it was too warm.
I pretty much have the same climate here Ruggy and the sun is very hot in a black suit. Plus I tend to ride more when the sun is hot :) Good choice !
Have you tried : Avalanche Safety Equipment | Snowmobile Gear | Helmets & Goggles | SnowBigDeal.com
Sending you a pm with a coupon code right now...(Don't know if it's still working but worth a try)

I've converted over to the Hi-Viz philosophy, both in my jacket/s and my helmet. Used to wear a blend of black and gray. Too many unattentive cage drivers out there these days !

I've been looking for a Klim Latitude jacket size medium in grey and everyone is sold out. Even tried to source one from the manufacturer and they told me they would be back in stock in Feb. I finally found one out in Washington State but the colour is black. The retailer said he would sell the jacket to me for $439. Regular price is $479 and he also offered me a discount on the pants. So the question is would you buy the black jacket now and save around $80 (pants and jacket) or would you wait until February and get the grey? Would the black cook you during the summer month?

Try this............... klim latitude jacket

I am also a high viz fan. Helmets and jackets are hi viz. pants are grey.
I have actually had people tell me at traffic lights that I'm very visable and give me a thumbs up

After having to stop to put on rain gear and then burning up in it. I can see why "we" pay $400 or more for an all-weather suit.

After having to stop to put on rain gear and then burning up in it. I can see why "we" pay $400 or more for an all-weather suit.

yes i would willing to pay that too. but it has to be what i want. but am just saying that if black is not the color you want, then one should not give in and buy what you dont really want.

I wear black, but I have some highly visible reflective strips on the pants and jacket. My riding gear can all be thrown into the washing machine, so low up keep. I just like black.

Well I went ahead and did the exact opposite of what I said I was going to do and bought black. Here's my reasoning. I was wanting the Latitude jacket in grey but found the grey was very light, almost to the point of being white. Some of the reviews I read complained the the jacket looked dirty after use because of the very light colours. A sales rep said the colours on the Latitude become even lighter after a year of sun fading. I was also considering the Klim Overland and the grey jacket is darker and doesn't have the dirt/fading issues to the same degree but the Overland is considered warmer because it doesn't have the venting the Latitude does. The Latitude is described as having very good venting. The difference in pricing was only $40 so I chose the Latitude black, poor colour for heat, better venting but a all around better jacket.

Thanks to Topher of Truimph of Seattle for a great deal on the Latitude.

Back