• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saturday's ride

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a video of some of the offroad riding we did last weekend. We experienced roads with rather large river rock, gravel roads, dirt trails, grassy trails and even a creek crossing. The DCT with Avon Distanzias did just fine, but as you can see we don't push it very hard! Hope you enjoy the vid! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZx_hMe5_GM

Thanks for the video. Not my cup of tea. I prefer the type of road featured in the final 40 seconds. What happened to your friends? Did they ditch you or end up in the ditch? Didn't see them in the last half of the video.

I'd like to ride that on a XR650L. Tear it up. Now that would be fun. Although I'm still jealous. My NCX will never really see anything other than asphalt and the very occasional light trail. I do too much commuting to switch tires. I did enjoy your video. Thanks for posting.

Nice video, that's about my pace o n those type of "roads." One of the few regrets I have is that I was not into dirt bikes as a young 'un, I was all about the street. I now find myself, at 60 years old, becoming more and more intrigued with trail riding. talk about your late bloomer!

Thanks for the video. Not my cup of tea. I prefer the type of road featured in the final 40 seconds. What happened to your friends? Did they ditch you or end up in the ditch? Didn't see them in the last half of the video.

I liked the last 40 seconds too!!!! That's prolly my favorite type of roads, but there can be fun found off the pavement!
My buddies were behind me for the most part. I'm kinda the designated leader, my nickname is "trailboss". I wanted to have them in the video, so they took the lead for awhile.
Glad you enjoyed...thanks for replying!
You have a new avatar!

Last edited:
Very good video. You are lucky to have that ranch land to ride. I love that kind of riding.

Very lucky!!!
That ranch is going thru major changes as we speak. The opportunities to ride it on two wheels is rare and about to be lost. :(
Glad you enjoyed it OCR!

I'd like to ride that on a XR650L. Tear it up. Now that would be fun. Although I'm still jealous. My NCX will never really see anything other than asphalt and the very occasional light trail. I do too much commuting to switch tires. I did enjoy your video. Thanks for posting.

About 20 years ago I WOULD be tearing it up! lol
Actually, we're very lucky to be able to ride this property and one of the conditions is to not leave a trace that we were there...no ruts or deep tire tracks. Fine by me! It's so beautiful there with giant pecan trees and 5 miles of border along the Colorado River. Some of the sections are too technical for two wheels, but they have Kawasaki Mules that will do it in 4WD.
So glad you enjoyed the vid!

Nice video, that's about my pace o n those type of "roads." One of the few regrets I have is that I was not into dirt bikes as a young 'un, I was all about the street. I now find myself, at 60 years old, becoming more and more intrigued with trail riding. talk about your late bloomer!

Better late than never!!! :)
I did a lot of dirt bike riding when I was young. That experience pays off huge now! The pace on the gravel roads is usually quite a bit faster than what's on this vid...like when I'm leading! But there's no hurry and the same rules that apply on pavement also apply offroad. "Ride your own pace"!
Thanks for watching and replying!

You have a new avatar!

I added it a few months back. Not sure I did it right, since I'm not that tech savvy on the Forum. I thought it would be fun to get a picture of me on my NC in my pulpit robe before I retired. Told people I was practicing to be a circuit rider preacher. My communion kit, hymnal and Bible fit into the Frunk with room to spare.

I added it a few months back. Not sure I did it right, since I'm not that tech savvy on the Forum. I thought it would be fun to get a picture of me on my NC in my pulpit robe before I retired. Told people I was practicing to be a circuit rider preacher. My communion kit, hymnal and Bible fit into the Frunk with room to spare.

Gotta love the frunk!!!
LOL

Last edited:
Back