• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help With Google Maps?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did a 11,000kms tour and would like to show the trip on the forum using Google maps but my issue seams to be that I'm limited in the number of destinations. Basically started in Kenora, Ontario then to Fargo ND, Bismark ND, Badlands area, Rocky Mountain National Park (North of Denver), up to Washington State and the Cascade mountains, Whitby Island, Port Angeles, around Olympic National Forest, Vancouver Island, Whistler BC, Kamloops BC, Vernon BC, Castlegar BC, down to Yellowstone, Cody WY, Bighorn National Forest, Minneapolis MN, Duluth MN then straight up back to Kenora, ON Canada.

How do I get all that on a map to display it on the forum.:confused: I wanted to start a post on what equipment I used, my gear, how the '14 NC750X fared and the trip.

Either do it in two maps or you can try inputting every other destination and then dragging the route to include the others. If you really want to put it together in one you could split north/ south or east/ west into two maps and then photoshop them together.

This probably isn't your exact route. I tried to follow it as best I could. My primary point is I was able to trace the entire route by dragging the circle to each destination. All I did was right click on the start point. Select "directions from here". Then I clicked Fargo. From that point on I just dragged the circle to the next location. Occasionally you have to adjust the path because it has its own mind.

route 1.jpg

route 2.jpg

Create Your Maps with Google Maps. (MS Windows)
Sing up to Google + service.
Open Maps and click on empty search box.
Select My Maps / Create
Follow link how to create maps.
Publish to Google Maps Gallery

View attachment 20432

Last edited:
Next tour you should go east and come riding here...and have a beer or two !

I rode out east once but the weather was terrible. I made it out to Halifax and it rained for 4 days straight. Then had to ride home through Quebec and it rained right to the Ontario border. I would have loved to see Quebec City so give me a PM when the weather is nice and I'll take you up on the beers. :)

Maps play an important role during the trip or travelling in this stage no one can mistake during the raid of recognizing the place where you want to go...

I rode out east once but the weather was terrible. I made it out to Halifax and it rained for 4 days straight. Then had to ride home through Quebec and it rained right to the Ontario border. I would have loved to see Quebec City so give me a PM when the weather is nice and I'll take you up on the beers. :)
Well the weather is always nice here except for nine months in a year ! :mad: But the beer is good all year round ;)

Back