• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Testing out my new SJ4000 cam

JDE

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Here's a snippet of my commute home from work on Saturday. Trying out my new SJ4000 camera as a "dash cam" of sorts for my commutes. Posted this little bit for one of my co-workers who's drooling over a Multistrada. He currently rides a Ducati Monster. I too, used to drool over the Multistrada, but I'm over it now that I've got my NC. It's 1/3 of the price of the Duke, easy to work on and gets better mileage. So if any Ducati lovers watch this video, please don't get offended. I'm just ribbin' one of my co-workers. ;)

[video=youtube_share;OB5v-MJHR40]http://youtu.be/OB5v-MJHR40[/video]

P.S. Turn the volume down!! The audio is horrible!

I recognize that road ( I think ), was on it a few months ago heading from Mt Diablo area to Stockton where we split up for home.

I recognize that road ( I think ), was on it a few months ago heading from Mt Diablo area to Stockton where we split up for home.

You would most likely have been on that road then. This is HWY4 right outside of Discovery Bay. I live in Stockton and work out in Pittsburg so I'm on this road a lot!

I just ordered a SJ4000 from DealeXtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide for US$79.90, free shipping to Switzerland.

BTW, be careful what you post online with your cam. Over here, some idiots went way beyond the speed limit, and videotaped themselves with their speedo's and license plates. The swiss police tracked a few guys down, and confiscated their driving licence and slapped a big fine on them.

I can hardly wait for the toy to arrive!

I just ordered a SJ4000 from DealeXtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide for US$79.90, free shipping to Switzerland.

BTW, be careful what you post online with your cam. Over here, some idiots went way beyond the speed limit, and videotaped themselves with their speedo's and license plates. The swiss police tracked a few guys down, and confiscated their driving licence and slapped a big fine on them.

I can hardly wait for the toy to arrive!

Thanks for the heads up, but I assure you my actions were legal in the video. They were travelling below the speed limit and it was safe and legal for me to pass there.

079392-blue-tiedyed-cloth-icon-business-thumbs-up1.png

i like the quality and time stamp. the only thing that missing is a current speed :). yesterday one a**le showed me his middle finger and driving at x2 speed limit when i was patiently follow him,while he was calling the police (while driving). eventually he stopped by at our local police station(and so did i) claiming that i was 'harassing' him. boy oh boy.. too bad i didn't' have that thing on. would be nice to show a police his driving skills(along with manners)
s**.. went for a gallon of milk,ended up at the police station..

Last edited:
I've been doing some research on the SJ4000 cameras. It seems there are "original" and "fake" versions of this camera. The original is made by Shenzhen Hongfeng Century Technology Co., Ltd. Differences between the original and fake include incompatible batteries, larger plastic outer case on the fake, different rear screen, different software and menus. The fakes sell for about $20-$30 (US) less. There are probably other differences as noted on this page: The difference between Original and Fake SJ4000 | FoxOffer.com Blog. There are other sites and youtube videos detailing the differences.

The Techmoan site has a decent review of the SJ4000 and the Wifi version. http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/3/the-sj4000-action-camera-review.html?currentPage=52

To differentiate the real from the fake, the later model real ones have an "SJCAM" logo on the front below the lens. The older reals ones will not have the logo but are still made by the original company. I believe both real and fake use the Novatek video chip.

Beware that some vendors selling the fakes on Amazon or eBay use the images of the real one. I am going to to purchase the Wifi version of the real SJ4000 from a vendor that claims they guarantee the real one will be shipped.

Last edited:
Thanks 670cc. It's one more reminder to do your research before buying anything online. (unless you know the seller).

Feedback and reviews are your friends.

Darn! The airport new regulations meant my delivery of new SJ4000 is delayed by another 2 weeks! Darn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back