• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT Down Shifting

Reyno

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you get your DCT to automatically downshift more than one gear when in S mode?

For example from 6th to 4th, 5th to 3rd and 4th to 2nd.

Yes, but one at a time. ;)

Seriously though, I sometimes hit the downshift button twice on purpose and yes it'll go down 1 gear first and then the next gear immediately after but not 2 gears in one go.

The answer to your question in short is......No.

If you are riding along in 6th gear at 60 mph in S mode and roll on full throttle, then yes it will down shift two gears to 4th. If you only go lightly on the throttle it will just down shift one gear to 5th. And if you want maximum acceleration you do want lowest gear possible within the rev limiter limitations. Less torque at engine perhaps above 4700 rpm, but shorter gear will give more power to the rear wheel where it counts.

Bottom line for the op's question it will down shift 2 gears if on full throttle and will not result in approaching rev limiter when shifted.

Thanks Fuzzy

I wasn't sure from memory if my bike did so before my mods (filter, de-cat and silencer) because I only rode it a few miles stock, though I suspected it did just not as easily as it does now.

Has anybody else found that tuning mods on the DCT encourage it to downshift more easily?

I'm satisfied with the power output of my NC now and I'll start another thread about it later as I've not been able to get accurate enough 0-60 times to declare the results but for now I can say I have a back wheel that loses traction where it didn't previously and a front wheel that leaves the floor from full throttle standing starts, it's only an inch or two but it definitely leaves the floor.

"... I have a back wheel that loses traction where it didn't previously and a front wheel that leaves the floor from full throttle standing starts, it's only an inch or two but it definitely leaves the floor."

Sounds like 2 good reasons for returning the bike to standard spec (just kidding - honest!!)

Did some runs this afternoon as well as some a few weeks ago and I've still got some more to do, anyway I worked out my average 0-60 time:

Previously with LV de-cat, DNA filter and Honda silencer.
0-60mph : 4.9 seconds.

Today with LV de-cat, DNA filter and Yoshimura silencer (baffle removed).
0-60mph : 4.4 seconds.

I did say I was satisfied with my bike but after calculating my results today I really would like to try and achieve sub four seconds. I've got some more runs to do with the baffle fitted so won't try anything else until then, not that I really know where to start, fully synth and a sprocket is all I can think of trying, anyway I'll start another thread later with my next results and what I plan to do next.

Back