• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New scoot coming to the stable...

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
You all didn't seriously think I could buy my wife a '13 NCX and then continue to ride my old outdated '08 FJR for any extended period of time. It was all part of a bigger scheme.

Just pulled the trigger on the new and improved '14 FJR1300 ES today. Now standard with heated grips, electronic cruise, dual drive modes, traction control and electronic adjustable suspension hence ES model designation. Available in any color you want for 2014...as long as it's Candy Red.

Should be here in about a week. Dealer has to get it from the warehouse.

Will be putting my '08 up for sale sometime in the future once I move some/most of the farkles to the new bike. Russell seat, 2 Bros exhaust and a bunch of other stuff will fit the new one.

For you numbers people, here are the stats, pretty much unchanged from my '08:

Measured horsepower: 126.0 bhp @ 8100 rpm
Measured torque: 86.8 lb.-ft. @ 6400 rpm
Corrected 1/4-mile: 10.82 sec. @ 122.47 mph
Top-gear roll-on 60-80 mph: 3.66 sec.
Fuel mileage (hi/low/avg.): 45/33/40 mpg

It will look very much like this...but not for long. Needed a winter project anyhow.;)
web-7L1O0369.jpg

Man how lucky for you.I just sat on one of these 2 weeks ago.talked to the dealer for almost an hour.no test ride because then I would want it.I'm waiting till next summer and hopefully the price will drop a little.congrats you picked a winner in my book.I even have this pick as my wallpaper on my tablet for awhile now lol.also showed me the adjustable windshield,abs,seat height changes from 31,to32 inches.45 to 48 mpg,yes I have been doing my homework on them.

Last edited:
Oh man, I miss my old FJR! That is a sweet machine, and paint me envious. I am almost retired now and the days of high end (high dollar) motorcycles is over for me. I do like it though.

Very Purty! And a nice accessories list too. I couldn't find a MSRP, what did it set you back?

$16,890 MSRP for the ES. I got it for $14,799.00 plus tax and tags. No other fees. The A model without the (ES) Electronic Suspension is $1000 less MSRP. There are '13 models still available (Stone Grey is color for '13) with all the listed upgrades as well except for the ES that are going for around $12,500.00 which is quite a good deal as it is exactly the same as the '14 A model except not in red.

I'm familiar with this trick...Buy wifey a new toy, use the ensuing goodwill to bring home a toy of your own. Hubby got his new Tenere the same way.

A tried and time tested strategy! Plus having a very understanding and supportive wife helps a great deal.

Man how lucky for you.I just sat on one of these 2 weeks ago.talked to the dealer for almost an hour.no test ride because then I would want it.I'm waiting till next summer and hopefully the price will drop a little.congrats you picked a winner in my book.I even have this pick as my wallpaper on my tablet for awhile now lol.also showed me the adjustable windshield,abs,seat height changes from 31,to32 inches.45 to 48 mpg,yes I have been doing my homework on them.

Yes sir you have! ABS became standard in '08 I believe as well as the seat height adjustment. I think they've had the electric adjustable windshield since inception but the design has changed three times now which is a bit of a bummer as my Cee Bailey windshield off my '08 will not fit the '14 but supposedly they made the the adjustment more rapid in '13/'14 which I will be interested in seeing as it was already pretty fast. Fortunately I can swap my seat, exhaust, pazzo levers, GPS set-up, driving lights and a few other farkles over from the '08 so I'll save a lot there. Someone will eventually be buying a very well cared for, excellent condition '08 soon.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on the new and improved '14 FJR1300 ES today.

web-7L1O0369.jpg

Congrats on the bike!!!

I drove this bike back in March as a Yamaha Demo Ride Event locally. Quite franky, I was not impressed with it. The "Tour-Mode" made the bike less exciting. Also the sitting position was too much like a sportbike for my taste.

That's why they make different bikes for different types of people. We all don't always like the same flavor of ice cream. I'll take some mint chocolate chip please... :D

Enjoy the new toy though... :eek:

Congrats on the bike!!!

I drove this bike back in March as a Yamaha Demo Ride Event locally. Quite franky, I was not impressed with it. The "Tour-Mode" made the bike less exciting. Also the sitting position was too much like a sportbike for my taste.

That's why they make different bikes for different types of people. We all don't always like the same flavor of ice cream. I'll take some mint chocolate chip please... :D

Enjoy the new toy though... :eek:

Thanks! Yup, not everyone's cup of tea but having owned numerous bikes I've owned my current FJR the longest and love it so I'm expecting to only love the new one more with some of the improvements/enhancements. Funny but when first shopping for a sport-tourer I was strongly favoring the Honda ST1300 (after coming off a Blackbird and Valkyrie Interstate) but the seating position was too upright for me. Variety is the spice of life. Happy to have choices. :D

Very Nice and Very Red!

On my trip to CA last month I stopped at Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino and sat on one like yours. For a moment I imagined riding it 3000 miles home......my wife would be mad as heck but she would be glad to see me safely home and I might could get away with it without a divorce or new kitchen but then I remembered my trusty steed outside that brought me safe thus far. It's not time yet for me to replace my red sport tourer as I still love riding it and look forward to each ride on it but one day....

Enjoy your new ride!!!!

I am waiting for the "semi-auto" to make it's way Stateside... I love FJRs, but can't shift... (drop foot).
As soon as it's here - it's my new bike :)

Congrats and Enjoy!!! It's a beauty!

Hubby got his new Tenere the same way.

Sorry!!! :( I also rode this bike at the Yamaha Demo Days back in March. This bike was the "Worst Offender". It had "NO" low end torque. I though I was starting out in second gear from a complete stop, in fact I was in first. The bike did not come "Alive" until the Mid-Revs and then it was tolerable. Put it into "Tour-Mode" and it transformed into a 3 legged dog. Flat Throttle response and quite boring to say the least. Zzzz....

Like I quoted earlier to silverhound, "That's why they make different bikes for different types of people."

That is a beautiful bike. I'm jealous. I'm not really a red type person but that thing is beautiful. I was at the dealer today and really had to fight buying a New 2012 ST1300. They have had it for a while. I'm keeping a close eye on it. if they drop the price I may jump on it.

Back